Hi I have been running on and around the BG route recently, and I am starting to get alarmed at the wear and tear being put on the fells.

Whilst I feel it is great many folk are getting round and enjoying the challenge, is it starting to come a bit of a circus? Dunmail pass is certainly one spot of concern as is Wasdale. The amount of vehicles just to support one person is getting a bit daft largely due to yet bigger and bigger support crews.

It is inevitable that as running gets more popular more people were going to do the BG, I myself have encouraged friends to have a go. This of course leads to the trods and paths getting more foot fall, this is very apparent on Clough Head.

However is it necessary to have so many people supporting you on your round? 2 supporters per leg is ample one for navigation one for food. Car share to Dunmail and Wasdale. Do you really need all the dining facilities for all of 5-10 minutes rest. For legs 3&4 can you use the same pacers to save the environmental impact of cars getting to and from Wasdale?

Just some ramblings and thoughts on the BG, maybe folk should consider their impact on the round before setting out. It is fantastic but it is even better when it is kept simple.