Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great the Forum is back

Now, now....
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

As much as I like the forum I do think the facebook page has its merits. The forum seems to have quietened right off this past year or so, once upon a time there was many many posts about the numerous fell races, epecially the classics, but now they are few and far between.
    I dont think there was one solitary post about the recent Ennerdale race, in the past there has been pages and pages, both in the build up to it and afterwards, thats just one example, many well established races come and go without even a mention on here. Whereas on facebook there is often loads of photos and many accounts of peoples experience. I think this generally has a lot to do with it been a newer and younger audience, many first timers who have many questions, and I agree that some of the questions people post seem quite tedious, it does offer up some lively debate. It often reminds me of the forum from a few years ago.

Nice one Brett....beltin

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy42 View Post
    As much as I like the forum I do think the facebook page has its merits. The forum seems to have quietened right off this past year or so, once upon a time there was many many posts about the numerous fell races, epecially the classics, but now they are few and far between.
    I dont think there was one solitary post about the recent Ennerdale race, in the past there has been pages and pages, both in the build up to it and afterwards, thats just one example, many well established races come and go without even a mention on here. Whereas on facebook there is often loads of photos and many accounts of peoples experience. I think this generally has a lot to do with it been a newer and younger audience, many first timers who have many questions, and I agree that some of the questions people post seem quite tedious, it does offer up some lively debate. It often reminds me of the forum from a few years ago.
    The problem with Facebook is that news is here today and gone tomorrow - with the forum we have history!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    The problem with Facebook is that news is here today and gone tomorrow - with the forum we have history!
    Unless it gets hacked and all previous is lost!
    Would love to revisit the heady days of the Gravy Boys invasion or Yorkshire thug battering everyone in sight! Oh, and the lascivious goings on of the Masters Lounge....who could forget that??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    I was in USA for a few weeks and when forum went down, lost a daily fix of fell running news. kept thinking I was going to miss some historic BGR action!! Similar to others don't really like FB as you have to scroll through endless posts of shizzle, where at least here the shizzle is all listed in the contents lists!1 Great to have the forum back.

Hadn't noticed it had gone. My pc had to go in for emergency surgery recently, so not been around.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Same old folks ��
    that's what makes it so personable.

Thanks Brett

Afraid the forum has lost the "critical mass". It is no longer the "goto" place for up to date info on fell running, which is a great pity as it is a far superior resource for fell running info. I learned so much on here during my BG attempt a couple of years ago.

I think we need to make a concerted effort to use the forum more as it is far far better than fb for information. I'm as guilty as the next person of looking at this forum on a daily basis to catch up but not actually posting. It is a far superior fell running resource to fb. I did not realise just how much I used it until it was unavailable. Well done Brett on that perfect marketing trick there ;-)