Thread: Lakeland Country Fair

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar

Lakeland Country Fair

New Race Route
    The organisers have moved the fair to a new site, so the start, finish and length of the fell race have changed. The fair will be less than a kilometre away from the old site, towards Coniston, and will be well signed. The race will be shorter (9km instead of 11km, and now AS rather than AM) but with nearly the same amount of ascent.
    Reccies
    As the start and finish are in private farm fields they cannot be reccied. The best way to reccy the majority of the route is to take the footpath northwest from Little Arrow (1km north of Torver on the A593). (The actual race route joins the walled section of this footpath from the south.) After the walled section, continue in the same direction , with another gate and footbridge, to join the old race route just north of the sheep pens and bridge.
    Marshals needed
    I still need two marshals for the top of the Old Man and someone to help with registration & timekeeping. Please PM me or ring 01539 441654 for more info.
    Nigel Coe
    Last edited by Don't fear the sweeper; 14-08-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    Whoops, I've corrected the phone number above. I just need one more marshal now.