Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Baumeisters double

some one tried the double this weekend but bailed quite early from what i'm told. still even to consider it is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Didn't the guy who won the spine have a go at a double earlier in the year, but pick a terrible weekend for it so bailed out?

My 2 penneth: - A double in terms of visiting every summit twice, but not 2 'rounds' by definition - so call it a 'Double BG' but not a 'Double BG round'?
    That's right - Tom Hollins did a complete lap (a/c) then went back round clockwise. Pulled out at threlkeld. I think he fell on the clockwise leg 1 - a hot weekend if my memoryserves me well.

There seems to be a bit of a renewed interest in the double - I know of two attempts at the double this year - both of which have failed for varying and different reasons. It's interesting that there seems to be an interest from within the ultra running community rather than the fellrunning community.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Didn't the guy who won the spine have a go at a double earlier in the year, but pick a terrible weekend for it so bailed out?

My 2 penneth: - A double in terms of visiting every summit twice, but not 2 'rounds' by definition - so call it a 'Double BG' but not a 'Double BG round'?
    I agree with that. IF I ever gave it a go it would be 2 CW laps. I kind of like the simplicity of that. Not sure I'll ever pluck up the courage to have a crack at it though. Respect to those that have / do.