Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grumpy Old Person

Super Moderator
    Good effort from one so young
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Fell running was a simple black and white sport, like the FRA magazine. Runner, hill, map, compass and everyone wore the same shoes (equality ruled ) Then the FRA mag started printing colour pics, innov8 was invented and magnetic north shifted leftfield.

Now, everyone needs batteries to navigate, batteries to masturbate over their shiny new kit and fell food is a concoction of overpriced chemical gels or tablets. But at least all the old records have been smashed into another solar system.....😂

Where's me whisky.

Things have been going downhill since around the time that Up & Down went out of circulation. Coincidence? I think not!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    No need to be grumpy, Wheeze. Just put on your Walshes, run up Blorenge, be happy! If others are too concerned with kit and technology to enjoy the simple pleasures of running, that's their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    My heart is warmed by the early adoption of GOM-ness by our fellow Ba Ba. You'll go far old chap!
    There's a grumpy head on them young shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    Things have been going downhill since around the time that Up & Down went out of circulation. Coincidence? I think not!
    It's the straw that sunk the iceberg as Mrs Noel would say.

Agreed Mr Kay. My point is, why do they have to ASK all the blummin' time???? Wheres the joy of trial and error, discovering for yourself etc etc. I mean, you could be 5'4" 8 stone size 4 shoe person asking what shoe is best and some gallumphing 15 stone size 13 Harry Walker type will answer, swearing by Rockgrabber 675/b as the best thing since sliced bread. Proving WHAT exactly?? Nowt of course, just polluting the bookface page. Aaargh!
    Now then Noel, don't you be going on about Up and Down. Damned insurrectionists!! (who was that Rhonchus bloke??)
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Sorry Noel, shot in wrong direction...meant to tweak Chevinbytorchligh
    t
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Agreed Mr Kay. My point is, why do they have to ASK all the blummin' time???? Wheres the joy of trial and error, discovering for yourself etc etc. I mean, you could be 5'4" 8 stone size 4 shoe person asking what shoe is best and some gallumphing 15 stone size 13 Harry Walker type will answer, swearing by Rockgrabber 675/b as the best thing since sliced bread. Proving WHAT exactly?? Nowt of course, just polluting the bookface page. Aaargh!
    Now then Noel, don't you be going on about Up and Down. Damned insurrectionists!! (who was that Rhonchus bloke??)
    Is the Rockgrabber 675/b any good on wet grass and what size should I buy? I'm normally size 10.5.

Well Cloughie, it all depends on what type of grass.
    Southern rye grass will respond very well to the computer designed Rockgrabber 675/b terrain interface nodules (studs in old money) but extensive simulation tests suggests that Northern snod-grass may well cause terminal friction failure leading to cranium-terrain impact episodes in the less wary. so you might want to consider the Rockgrabber 675/a if you are racing north of the Tees/Exe line.
    Those in the Long Mynd area may do best with 675/a on the right foot and 675/b on the left.
    Currently the manufacturer recommends two sizes up for 675/a but 1.5 sizes down for 675/b unless you are Scottish when all bets are off.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth