Thread: X Talon 200

X Talon 200

There are some good deals around on these at the mo, but having read a few reviews there seem to have been major issues with the upper ripping near the toe. The mesh fabric on the upper looks to have been changed on the later incarnations. Anyone know whether the tearing is still an issue?

Cheers

Early red/neon version, upper was flimsy. Inov8 replaced for me under warranty and the blue/orange is much tougher. No problems so far. Not sure what the upper is on the red/black, but the blue/orange seem solid.

Agreed. I've gone through two pairs of the red/neon version. Splits on both shoes in the same place. I have a pair of the blue/orange on the way as the upper is much improved.

I have a pair of the "original" x-talon 212 (silver/yellow) which are 7 years old. Granted, there's hardly any grip left, but the upper is in perfect condition! Anywhere replace the soles?

Poor show inov8!

Master
    I have 2 pairs of the blue/orange - the material is starting to go where they flex at the toe joint - but there is no hole yet, and they both have considerable wear to the studs. Great shoe.

That's good news. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    Agreed. I've gone through two pairs of the red/neon version. Splits on both shoes in the same place. I have a pair of the blue/orange on the way as the upper is much improved.

I have a pair of the "original" x-talon 212 (silver/yellow) which are 7 years old. Granted, there's hardly any grip left, but the upper is in perfect condition! Anywhere replace the soles?

Poor show inov8!
    You can get a new sole from LSR, although I see now that the price has gone up to £35:
    http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.c...oe_repairs.htm

Wondering about the sizing on these shoes? I tried the black and red 212s (current model I think) in 8.5 precision fit and they were far too tight and I'm normally an 8. Thought I'd need a 9 in inov 8 precision fit and thought I'd knocked it off today when I tried a pair of mudclaw 300 (the green and black ones) on in a 9 which were going for 60 quid but they were like boats :-( is the x talon and mudclaw precision fit a different thing?? No idea what to go for now as I've also seen good deals from Pete bland on the blue and orange x talons. Why can't an 8 just be a bloody 8!?!