Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mental toughness

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Meaningless posts are two words meaningless posters use to describe their posts which lack meaning
    Meaningless posts are two words to describe a broken fence?.

Is searching for meaning, meaningless? And if it is, or isn't, Is it a zen koan or an existential question, or is it just ......?

Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    Is searching for meaning, meaningless? And if it is, or isn't, Is it a zen koan or an existential question, or is it just ......?
    As Nietzsche said...

"It is a measure of the degree of strength of will to what extent one can do without meaning in things, to what extent one can endure to live in a meaningless world because one organizes a small portion of it oneself" (The Will to Power)

So, create some meaning out of meaninglessness and you're the bees knees my son.....and it's that Will to Power (up them there hills) that's mental toughness. Hey, have we come full circle?
    Am Yisrael Chai

I ran a 10k race at the weekend.....on tarmac!
    It's a different kind of pain to fell racing. Perhaps it's the stress of having to maintain pace throughout whereas in a fell race you're constantly up and down with various speeds. There were a couple of times I was tempted to take my foot off the gas, especially in a headwind, but it's getting through that and grinding it out.
    It definitely hurt!