Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bike shed

Cool bike shed

hi guys! im a newbie here. Im planning to have a bike shed outside. not too spacious and safe. Im trying to look around but I cant find any thread. Any suggestions im planning to buy one. im not really good at DIY.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    There's lots of stuff out there. I just googled "bicycle storage", and got results ranging from a wooden shed for £120 to sophisticated metal sheds for 6 bikes for over £1000. I don't have any personal experience: my bikes are in the garage (and that was broken into once: they took my son's cheap mountain bike, and left behind my own, much more valuable touring bikes!).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

yeah I've been googling as well. Found some nice ones. havent decided yet. Thats why im asking for suggestions. Yes, Im really into security of our bikes and also for my wife not to be angry every time I énter with my very dirty bike. A happy wife is a happy life.

Asgard ones are excellent - tough, metal, well designed, easy to put together, very secure.
    As such they are not cheap - I guess it depends how much your bikes are worth and how secure you want them to be

yeah.. checking asgard right now.. and many others. my bike is a bit expensive so to make sure safe from being stolen. thank you for the info!

What sort of base will your shed be on? If it's sat on a concrete base, you'd be as well to buy a cheapish shed but secure your bike using a ground anchor directly into the concrete, and then spending a bit on a very secure chain and lock for the bike.

Alternatively, you could spend a bit more and buy a very plush shed for the missus, then move your bike into the bedroom. That should keep it secure ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    What sort of base will your shed be on? If it's sat on a concrete base, you'd be as well to buy a cheapish shed but secure your bike using a ground anchor directly into the concrete, and then spending a bit on a very secure chain and lock for the bike.

Alternatively, you could spend a bit more and buy a very plush shed for the missus, then move your bike into the bedroom. That should keep it secure ;-)
    You are aware that you're having a conversation with a 'bot' which is just using AI to make relevant comments, and not a real person.....?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    You are aware that you're having a conversation with a 'bot' which is just using AI to make relevant comments, and not a real person.....?!?!
    Its freaky isn't it, i had one of the irritating 'you've had an accident' calls the other evening, it took me at least 3 exchanges before I realised the woman I was talking to was a bot gone are the days of the of the tssk tssk sound from the tape recording, give it a week it'll be asking for Sara Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Hey Travs are you referring to me? By the way, I'm a live person and totally not a bot. I'm just asking advise and that's also the main reasson of joining this forum. to get help from experts.

Thank you.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bullinwrap View Post
    Hey Travs are you referring to me? By the way, I'm a live person and totally not a bot. I'm just asking advise and that's also the main reasson of joining this forum. to get help from experts.

Thank you.
    Although if you want to find experts on bike sheds, you might find more here: https://forum.cyclinguk.org
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges