Thread: idiots on the hills

idiots on the hills

Just seen a piece on BBC news about a group up on Scafell who took cannabis then couldn't get down . Just when you think you have heard it all. And of course the MRT had to go and get them knackering their Sat night again by the time they got down.
    Last edited by creaky; 24-09-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    Snowden in yet underpants

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-41306122

Our country is full of nutters

Prime viewing of idiots on the hills can be obtained on Snowdon every weekend...

Worst time for them usually coincides with me trying to run up the Pyg Track in the Welsh 1000....

By no means do I think that hills should be for only the super-fit... but some people really need a reality check with the risks they are taking.

Shutting down the station and cafe would be a big improvement (but probably commercial suicide!), but it's still my favourite mountain. Absolutely beautiful.

A highly respected fell runner and former race organiser was once telling me how he was approached by a group of lost walkers. They showed him their photocopied map with the ink dissolving in the rain. He showed them the way and pointed the way to go. The walkers said that they disagreed with him and said they were correct despite asking for directions. After repeatedly telling them right way to go they ignored him and went the wrong way.

Playing the "it's for charity" card like the Snowdon clown is an untouchable get out clause for all types of idiotic behaviour. Anybody questioning his actions is liable to a social media uproar from the facebookers and tw*tters.

I do a lot of work for charity but don't like to talk about it.

As a nation we tend to admire our 'eccentrics'. Many moons ago I took a walk up snowing on new year's day. It was zero visibility in freezing fog. I met no one until just before the summit when I met a chap wondering along in nothing but a dinner suit. I offered him a drink from my water bottle only to realise it was frozen. Chapeau!

The walk was up snowdon....phone spellchecker!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    The walk was up snowdon....phone spellchecker!
    They are really clever, these spellcheckers. It read "new year's day", and assumed it must be snowing.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I wonder if anyone has successfully sued a phone company for damages from a message that has been altered entirely from its original meaning?

I took a walk up the pyg track with some friends a couple of years ago in may. We left at about 3am aiming to be on the summit for dawn. On the way up we met a young family with 3 young kids all under 10 on the way up as well. They were not very well equipped and had no torches. It was very windy and only just above freezing so we did suggest they turned around. We left them debating this but to this day I do not know why on earth they were there anyway.