Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hokas

Quote Originally Posted by Trails&Tribulations View Post
    What size are you? I have some Clifton 3 (10.5s) I’d let you have for £30, if you’re interested? Strava tells me they’ve done 439km (270 ish miles); plenty of cushioning left in them and in very good nick, really.

I do see why people like them, I just prefer minimalist to maximalist (and I think they may have been partly responsible for an Achilles issue I had, but that’ll be down to my weird biomechanics!). Also had to go up a half size from my usual Inov8 sizing.
    Only a 9 for me, Achilles issues hmmm, mine are bad enough without shoes making it worse do they have a high Achilles support?? These are generally perfect for digging away at a dodgy Achilles

I wouldn’t have said so... I just need a firm ride and a low stack height, I think.

Anyone else want some Clifton 3?! 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Trails&Tribulations View Post
    What size are you? I have some Clifton 3 (10.5s) I’d let you have for £30, if you’re interested? Strava tells me they’ve done 439km (270 ish miles); plenty of cushioning left in them and in very good nick, really.

I do see why people like them, I just prefer minimalist to maximalist (and I think they may have been partly responsible for an Achilles issue I had, but that’ll be down to my weird biomechanics!). Also had to go up a half size from my usual Inov8 sizing.
    They aren't "maximalist", they're a 5mm drop. I would definitely go half a size up. Didn't your achilles issues begin before you tried hoka's? Mmmmm...

??? No?

I tried the Hokas because I didn’t think Inov8’s new road shoes were up to much and I thought the cushioning might help my legs feel less tired off high mileage, which they did. Nothing to do with my Achilles.

Like I said, I can see why people like them, but I have torsional rotation in my right leg and that can do weird things. Someone whose legs are attached correctly wouldn’t have that; I never felt the Achilles was rubbed.
    Last edited by Trails&Tribulations; 04-10-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Since no-one wanted to buy my used trainers(!) - funny that 🤣 - and since I’ve taken a couple of weeks off post-Ennerdale 50k, I decided to try the Cliftons again on a gentle shake out run. They are RIDICULOUSLY comfy, no doubt about it; like marshmallows. I’m keeping a firm eye on my Achilles but they may find their way back into rotation, for short recovery plods at least. Down side is I look like Geri flippin’ Halliwell, but hey ho; just call me Beardy Spice.