Thread: Inov8 Ultra 290

Inov8 Ultra 290

Just bought a pair of these, what a disappointment! The first pair of Inov8's I haven't loved straight out the box. They felt heavy, clumpy and had absolutely no feel to them. I felt totally disconnected in them. Couldn't feel the ground at all.I thought they'd be a bit like a lighter Brooks Cascadia, cushioned, comfortable and grippy but it felt like I was wearing walking shoes they were so stiff. I took them out for 10 miles, a mix of road and forestry and couldn't wait to take them off! I'm going to send them back. Back to the drawing board. What I really want is the NB Vazee Summit which was excellent but, of course, discontinued.
    Anyone else had any experience of the Ultra, I could only find good reviews about them.

benshep warned me off getting a pair of these!

Quote Originally Posted by neilly View Post
    What I really want is the NB Vazee Summit which was excellent but, of course, discontinued.
    Version 2 any good to you?

Correct. I don't like them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Version 2 any good to you?
    They look great. I was trying to save money by buying end of line Inov8s. I hate paying full price!

I've got the Ultra 290, and agree it's a bit clumpy. Just waiting for them to wear out, or the uppers to burst, at 450 miles and they are being annoyingly resilient ;-)

The replacement shoe for the Ultra 290 is the TrailTalon 275, and it gets excellent reviews. Wiggle have just put them on sale, reduced from £110 to £70, tempted to get a pair.