Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLMM - score class

SLMM - score class

I see the Saunders is adding a solo/team score class. I think it's a good shout on their part with the popularity of score events. Also it might enable its addition into the British MM league organised by Ourea.

But does this mean that Ourea will introduce a 7/5hour score event like the Saunders, LAMM and Mourne have?

Great news - we'll definitely be entering the Score Class.

It'll be a dilemma for me between the tradition of the Klets and the more interesting Score..
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Saunders score will feel weird.

I see Saunders as a linear event, along with LAMM and OMM (yep I know they have score but linear is headline)

Roc/Rab as score event (yep I know they have linear but score is headline)

I would be worried people will move from Klets making it pretty useless as a category as only 16 people completed this year.

I feel the addition of linear courses to the ROC has devalued and taken some of the prestige/competition out of the score events. 4 people completed the Elite this year... I could see Klets going that way.

It's coming back to the old arguement about competing vs completing. It's easier to complete a score class than a linear so they are becoming more popular. I say this as someone who prefers and has historically always done better in score classes than linear score.

I think that few took up Pillar as it was too hard and too similar to Klets. My husband for example would like a half Klets solo , so he will be very happy with this new score class
    I hope to stick to Klets, getting tougher for me but I really like it

Oh they have put a twist on the score class.

You get all the controls on day 1 for both days and you can only visit a control once over weekend. It means you will have to have a plan both days on day 1.

http://www.slmm.org.uk/courses/

Oh the fiends! That's possibly an interesting twist, I think the Rab did something similar when it was is Wales 3years ago. I'm not sure it makes much difference to middle/back of pack runners. Just means marking maps will take longer!

They did that for the Klets the year we were at Wasdale

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    I see Saunders as a linear event, along with LAMM and OMM (yep I know they have score but linear is headline)
    Things have changed a lot with the OMM.

From this year's entry lists:
    Elite 45 entries
    A 87
    B 166
    298 linear

Combined = part linear part score - 68

Long Score 209
    Medium Score 237
    Short Score 173
    619 score

(and C is now Combioned