Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omm

We didn't bail till cp 9 on elite. Wish we had dropped back to Wasdale instead of overnight camp. We kinda knew climbing out of Wasdale it would be tough/unlikely. Interesting to see videos with Duncan archer and Shane Olhy saying it was long even for elite and hardest they had done.

Saturday certainly felt like a good day to be on a score course...

We got ninth overall and third mixed in short score, GF enjoyed herself and we'll very likely be doing the Saunders and/or LAMM (if there is one) next year. Conditions helped us on Saturday as a lot of the more ambitious teams were badly over time, also being early at the overnight got us a decent pitch on the hillside instead of ending up in the swamp! On day two nearly everyone in SS scarpered off into the Coniston fells which looked like far too much running to put a decent score together in the four hour limit... we just ambled back over Three Tarns and were only 20 points off the day's high score for about half the effort I reckon.

How did you get on TFG?

Well we had a great time (...or I did!). We were limited by Mrs tfg climbing speed, neither of us were really fit enough to remotely compete so it was genuinely just for fun. Short Score was definitely best choice for us! It allowed us to continue despite being exceptionally slow! I think 'we' may have the bug a little bit so OMM Lite might well be on the cards.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Interesting (OOB) routes on the long score, day 1

Quote Originally Posted by gk4 View Post
    Interesting (OOB) routes on the long score, day 1
    Blatantly OOB twice!! They finished second overall didn't they? I wonder what the organisers think of that (not to mention the other competitors).

Are we talking about the guys who came second on LS? I can see one OOB heading down from AC to DY where they've cut a corner. The others seem like they've followed a trod on the ground which doesn't match the right of way on the map.

Second overall, not second on Day 1. Richard and Glen's route was fine.

It was between AL and AC, where they followed the stream (River Esk) all the way through Great Moss and then they crossed Lingcove Beck about half-way between AD and BL.
    Last edited by GeoffB; 08-11-2017 at 02:00 PM.

where are you viewing the tracks?