Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2018

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Well done G.
    That was certainly an impressive ride and into yellow too.
    Great stage today. G was fantastic. Reminded me of the Wiggins/Froome debacle in reverse. Thankfully, apparently no team orders for G.

As an aside, after a poor first week, the rest of the tour is shaping up to be a cracker. Really liking the variety of stages - gravel, cobbles and shorter mountain stages. The "sprint" mountain stage, yet to come should be interesting!

Super Moderator
    A reminder this afternoon that absolutely nothing beats a grand tour for romance, adventure, history and sheer excitement. Along with test match cricket the only sport that really matters

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    A reminder this afternoon that absolutely nothing beats a grand tour for romance, adventure, history and sheer excitement. Along with test match cricket the only sport that really matters
    I was with you all the way DT until you mentioned the C word!

Super Moderator
    I’m really looking forward to the India test series. It’s been a strange summer with a big gap in the schedule

https://chpt3.com/blogs/journal/well-done-mark

I really rate David Millar as a commentator. His newly released film "Time Trial" is also great.

It appears all the sprinters are giving up. Cav and Kittel missed the cut by weeks yesterday, Gaviria and Groenewegen and Greipel climbing off today already apparently. It's going to be Sagan vs. Degenkolb and that's about it on the Champs next weekend!

Is the route that much tougher than normal or are they just soft/injured/past it (delete as appropriate)
    Last edited by ba-ba; 19-07-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    It appears all the sprinters are giving up. Cav and Kittel missed the cut by weeks yesterday, Gaviria and Groenewegen and Greipel climbing off today already apparently. It's going to be Sagan vs. Degenkolb and that's about it on the Champs next weekend!

Is the route that much tougher than normal or are they just soft/injured/past it (delete as appropriate)
    All of the above with the exception of the young Dutch one that I can't spell!

Another fantastic stage today. G is looking good. I just hope he doesn't blow up in the last week as he has done before though admittedly that was when in super-domestique role. Team Sky may have a problem though with Dumoulin looking so strong. Frome or G - if you are the DS who are going to go with. I bet they are hoping it sorts itself out on the road before they have to make a decision....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    All of the above with the exception of the young Dutch one that I can't spell!

Another fantastic stage today. G is looking good. I just hope he doesn't blow up in the last week as he has done before though admittedly that was when in super-domestique role. Team Sky may have a problem though with Dumoulin looking so strong. Frome or G - if you are the DS who are going to go with. I bet they are hoping it sorts itself out on the road before they have to make a decision....
    Wales or Kenya? I know which flag I'll be flying!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Wales or Kenya? I know which flag I'll be flying!
    No surprise there! I've always rated G and he looks like a different rider this year. It's been great to see him come out from behind Froome's shadow the last couple of seasons. I just hope that he can hang in there for the last week.
    Last edited by PeteS; 20-07-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Just had a look at the stages for the final week of the tour. Time trial on Saturday looks interesting. 30km but very lumpy - it will suit a puncheur.
    I doubt the experimental 65km mountain sprint stage will throw up many surprises - any final GC shake up before the TT should be on Friday. A long mountain stage with the cols if Aspin, Tourmalet and Aubisque to contend with.
    Last edited by PeteS; 20-07-2018 at 01:06 PM.