Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2018

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    it was the welsh wot started it!
    But the coach /dope-supplier was from Rossendale.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    What about those who were banned because of high urine levels of salbutamol in the past? Paid off?

Super Moderator
    Poor dear Christopher is innocent. The authorities say so so he must be. Let the racing begin

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Poor dear Christopher is innocent. The authorities say so so he must be. Let the racing begin

But doesn't the C in UCI stand for corruption?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Super Moderator
    And the U ‘utterly’?

We all all know you’ll be watching it anyway Graham . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    And the U ‘utterly’?

We all all know you’ll be watching it anyway Graham . . .
    Only to see if Tom Dumoulin gives poor Chris a wheel if he has a mechanical.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Very interesting details revealed about Froome's food intake - worked out to the last gram of carbs/protein/fat. So much for the rumours that he was on a low carb regimen.

Presumably the reason for releasing this is to imply that if they go to so much trouble with his food they would not make silly mistakes with his medication.

Banned
    Is what Sky published true?

They seem to struggling at remember what's in packaging and lose laptops.

Hay-ho believe what you want 😂

Anyway, looking forward to the spectacle and competition of the race, Eurosport or ITV is the main decision to make. I'll be reading the excellent analysis on inrng.com. Hopefully there'll be some more "how the race was won" summary videos from Cosmo Catalano on eurosport's youtube as well.

But the most important thing is that I've finally been able to use the fantasy TdF team name I thought of 11 months ago - "Don't call me Lilian, Cal me Jane".
    I have had to pick the eponymous hero purely for the reason of the team name despite thinking he won't be up to as much this year as he was last year (won a stage).
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

The sports scientist who provided the data to WADA on salbutamol levels in urine has come 'clean' and admitted his error.
    Simply put, the analysis of human urine salbutamol levels relative to inhaled dose was performed on one class of sportspeople attracting great interest at the time....swimmers.
    Urine samples were obtained after training when a known inhaled dose had been taken to correlate the amount in urine that is expected so that 'overdosing' cold be detected. Of course, after 5 hours of hard swimming, the urine was pretty voluminous and dilute.
    This does not equate to the urine of a cyclist after 5 hours of hard cycling when the urine will be concentrated and therefore, comparing volume for volume, will contain increased proportions of excreted substances. This explains the 'high' levels of salbutamol in Froomes urine. It was just highly concentrated.
    The base data was wrong. Therefore no case.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth