Page 58 of 268 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Nice explaination Witton Park, puts a bit more background information to my rant!

But I suppose where we differ is the reason for this thread. My feeling is that these angry UK citizens are angry with the wrong people. The blamed the EU while you explained so clearly there is so much more the UK goverment can do to address their very real issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Nice explaination Witton Park, puts a bit more background information to my rant!

But I suppose where we differ is the reason for this thread. My feeling is that these angry UK citizens are angry with the wrong people. The blamed the EU while you explained so clearly there is so much more the UK goverment can do to address their very real issues.
    I think that there are a range of reasons for Brexit.

The key ones are trade, democratic accountability, immigration and I think all that voted to leave had these reasons, just that they might place them in a different order.

I object to the lack of accountability in our sport - it mimics the way the world has gone. We end up with a Chief Exec NGB merry-go-round of professional, unaccountable mandarins who's focus is on revenue, particularly in our largely amateur sport sucking up to UK Sport and meeting KPIs rather than looking after the best interests of the people they are supposed to represent.

UKA blame EA, EA blame Northern Athletics and we as runners, officials and coaches have to deal with all the crap they come out with.

Unaccountable fudge. We've had enough.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I hope that my place in Hell has a few hills!

Even more evidence that the sooner we untangle ourselves from those slimeballs like Tusk and his cronies the better.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Yee harr
    Hallelujah
    The truth is out

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I hope that my place in Hell has a few hills!
    You'll be disappointed. Remember that Tusk is Polish: he was actually referring to Hel, near Gdansk. The only hills around there are sand dunes. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gd...2!4d18.6466384
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    I thought it might be Hellifield; home of a well-known forumite iirc

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    You'll be disappointed. Remember that Tusk is Polish: he was actually referring to Hel, near Gdansk. The only hills around there are sand dunes. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gd...2!4d18.6466384
    Very nice.Reminds me of Spurn Point. I like a good Spit!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Don't trust the government to arrange a good deal.
    Time we just said "see ya"

Just stop worrying about a 'deal'. The whole thing is just a political smoke screen designed to disrupt the withdrawal process. There is already a deal. It is with the WTO and it's high time we told Tusk and his fellow eurocrats to back off so we can focus on our new trade partners.
    That is if you believe the political class will truly enact the referendum result. They don't have to. No law says they are compelled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    There is already a deal. It is with the WTO and it's high time we told Tusk and his fellow eurocrats to back off so we can focus on our new trade partners.
    How are they stopping the UK doing just that?