Thread: Ultra Trail Snowdonia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ultra Trail Snowdonia

Anyone else got this new race on their radar for May 2018...?

It's organised by Michael Jones who I understand is a very good mountain ultra runner, won the Lakeland 100 and placed highly in lots of other stuff in the UK and abroad.

There's a 50 and 100 mile race. The 100 mile race includes approx 39000ft of ascent and no less than three visits to the summit of Snowdon, along with Moel Siabod, Carnedd Llewelyn, Glyder Fawr, Y Garn, Elidr Fawr, Moel Eilio, Moel Hebog, Cnicht, Lliwedd... 50 hour time limit. The 50 mile race is the 2nd half of the 100 mile race.

Looks an absolute beast. After a good year long-distance wise in 2017, I've taken the plunge and signed myself up for the 100 mile race.

In terms of stats it's basically 2 x 10 Peaks long course. Although the advantage of an early evening start means at least having a full bank of sleep to start with, instead of around 3 hours on the 10 Peaks, but obviously means running through the night (two nights actually in my case, should I make it that far).

There's no entry list as such that can be viewed at the moment, but I understand the entries will be capped at around 300 across both races. Whether they'll get that many entries due to the difficulty, and being a new race, I'm not sure, but I believe a good number have already entered.
    Last edited by Travs; 25-11-2017 at 09:13 AM.