Thread: GPS watch navigation advi

GPS watch navigation advi

Hello, I have for a long time had a Garmin Forerunner 310XT, it has lasted very well and I love it as a watch. One of the handy features it has is I can upload a gpx route to it via Garmin Connect and then follow it as a line on the watch to help me navigate.
    From a little research, I don't think the newer 710XT or any of the Garmir forerunner watches do this. I think the suunto watches do though, and I'm interested to know how good they are. Some of them certainly look expensive.

Can anyone recommend a good GPS running watch with navigation on the screen? Ideally in a similar or better way to on the Garmin Forerunner 310XT

Many thanks!

710XT has never existed, do you maybe mean 735XT ?

If so, check out the DC Rainmaker review, and specifically go down to the comments section at the bottom and look at comment #45 - photo shows a line being followed, with instructions at to how far until the next turn
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/06/...th-review.html

Yes, I mean the 735XT, apologies.
    That is interesting to hear the newer watch does still have that feature. Thanks

I still really rate the Ambit Peak 3 for navigation - and movescount makes it super simple to plot or upload a gpx to your watch.
    Mrs has a Suunto Spartan Trainer, that also has navigation on, it's quite nice for the price but lacks a compass to orientate the trail direction when stationary.

I'm yet to try it, but it looks like the downloadable apps from Connect IQ for the new range of Garmins like the 230/235 can do replicate the navigation features of the 310XT and then some, including maps, breadcrumb trails and OS grid. I still se a 310XT and, whilst I don't use them often, the ability to show an OS grid and the get you home feature have got me out of more than a couple of scrapes in the past!