Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zipwire Across Thirlmere?

Ahh, it was worth a thought though Martin, didn't realise that houses were already being built, thank goodness it is being used for something! I hear that Honister Mines have just just submitted a new plan for a zip wire..........
    A circular route mostly downhill

Chris they seem determined to get a zip wire if submitted new plans.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Perhaps hoping that the furore over thirlmere may make Honister seem more favourable. A lot of the objections to Honister were based on environmental impact so presumably they have addressed those issues with their new submission.

I still think The Lake District can do without any new zip wires, but at least Honister is still a working site with vehicles already using the fell access, and I think it is just the one line in the proposal, though I have yet to see the detail.

Was a article in local paper last night about submitting new plans .

Was on local TV border New and look around that ministry of defence is objecting to it . Something to do with the airplanes low flying in the area on exercises

My earlier comment about the first Hercules through the valley AT 50' wasn't meant to be totally flippant, in fact I'm surprised the low flying issue hasn't received more prominence in the debate so far - its well known as the through route for all sorts of aircraft, I've even seen the new V22 Ospreys flying near there.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Planning application has been withdrawn. Whilst admittedly at first I was a little ambivalent to all this I do feel like that's a good thing on the whole and the right decision for the national park.

https://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/20...lying-concerns

Quote Originally Posted by petes View Post
    planning application has been withdrawn. Whilst admittedly at first i was a little ambivalent to all this i do feel like that's a good thing on the whole and the right decision for the national park.

https://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/20...lying-concerns
    hoooooooooooorrraaaaaaaaaaaaay Common-sense prevails!
    Am Yisrael Chai

The planning officers report I think will have pushed Mike Turner to withdraw before it got rejected in public. A well balanced draft report looking at both sides (with a few typo's), without emotion, absolute rejection. The report does say that the planning permission from 2012 for all the upgrades to the existing circumnavigating cycleway, is still valid, United Utilities may still complete this project.