Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever get the urge to.....

Ever get the urge to.....

get out & really make it burn riding hard up some hillsides (when it's really late in the day & you should be thinking of going to bed)??? Just getting the urge at the moment to get out on my bike & really ride hard out. Might be something to do with the music I'm listening to, but it's dark, throwing it down & blowing a hooly, yet I stil feel a really strong urge to get out!!! Sometimes I find I'm lying in my bed & all I can think of is getting out on my bike!!!

Feel like going clubbing as well, but I can't think of anywhere that will be really pumpin at this time of the week!!!

Am I just an adreniline junkie who needs his fix???
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Re: Ever get the urge to.....

I reckon you're on yer own there tbh.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    get out & really make it burn riding hard up some hillsides (when it's really late in the day & you should be thinking of going to bed)??? Just getting the urge at the moment to get out on my bike & really ride hard out. Might be something to do with the music I'm listening to, but it's dark, throwing it down & blowing a hooly, yet I stil feel a really strong urge to get out!!! Sometimes I find I'm lying in my bed & all I can think of is getting out on my bike!!!

Feel like going clubbing as well, but I can't think of anywhere that will be really pumpin at this time of the week!!!

Am I just an adreniline junkie who needs his fix???
    no you have had 3 coffees
    yesterday i did the same tellin myself i was gonna do a 30mile time trial
    and it was my first serious ride for weeks
    my lower back is in serious pain from the effort up the hills
    saw loads of other bikies out as well ,
    im plannin on doin a 24hr ride later in the year
    wot mileage do you reckon you could achieve in 24rs allan

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    no you have had 3 coffees
    yesterday i did the same tellin myself i was gonna do a 30mile time trial
    and it was my first serious ride for weeks
    my lower back is in serious pain from the effort up the hills
    saw loads of other bikies out as well ,
    im plannin on doin a 24hr ride later in the year
    wot mileage do you reckon you could achieve in 24rs allan

Not sure, have to put this to the test..I'll tell you at 9PM tommorow

Tell you what, I am seriously wired at the moment & no I haven't been on proplus, coffee or anything else (only listening to some music, that's it honest!!)

Think I might go & get the TT out in the garage & put on some loud fast music & do a good session!! Though being on the roads would be even better!!!
    Last edited by AllanT; 15-01-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

Not sure, have to put this to the test..I'll tell you at 9AM tommorow

Tell you what, I am seriously wired at the moment & no I haven't been on proplus, coffee or anything else (only listening to some music, that's it honest!!)

Think I might go & get the TT out in the garage & put on some loud fast music & do a good session!! Though being on the roads would be even better!!!

wot , you doin a 24r ride tomorrow ??????????????????????

wot , you doin a 24r ride tomorrow ??????????????????????

Well bearing in mind it would take me about 10 minutes to get my gear on & the bike down the stairs plus an extra 10 minutes to make sure I had food, allowing another 10 minutes to boot the computer up tommorow morning & type a reply, then I could probably give you the answer at 9PM tommorow!!! (sorry made a mistake when I said 9AM)

however as I have St John's Ambulance on tommorow night & there are two fit girls there, I think it will have to wait until another day somehow!!! Mind you one of those girls is a massuer & perhaps she would give me a little attention after my ride??
    Last edited by AllanT; 15-01-2007 at 09:39 PM.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

oh and i picked up my newly resprayed frame up today from MERCIAN CYCLES
    all the lugs have been hand painted etc etc etc , sweet
    the frame builder has been building frames by hand for 33years

priced up a new MERCIAN vincitorie £ 1850.00 , i had to wrench myself out the shop

Master and MR

Well bearing in mind it would take me about 10 minutes to get my gear on & the bike down the stairs plus an extra 10 minutes to make sure I had food, allowing another 10 minutes to boot the computer up tommorow morning & type a reply, then I could probably give you the answer at 9PM tommorow!!! (sorry made a mistake when I said 9AM)

however as I have St John's Ambulance on tommorow night & there are two fit girls there, I think it will have to wait until another day somehow!!! Mind you one of those girls is a massuer & perhaps she would give me a little attention after my ride??
    just wondering roughly wot mileage you thought

oh and i picked up my newly resprayed frame up today from MERCIAN CYCLES
    all the lugs have been hand painted etc etc etc , sweet
    the frame builder has been building frames by hand for 33years

priced up a new MERCIAN vincitorie £ 1850.00 , i had to wrench myself out the shop

Yummy lovely bikes. Only thing sexier than a bike, is a bike with a decent lady cyclist on it!!!

Going to have to have a crack at the 24Hr thing though!!!

Can't wait until I've saved up enough money to upgrade my bike, going to spend over 2 grand on it!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

just wondering roughly wot mileage you thought

Well allowing for fatigue, toilet & food breaks, wind changes (I would be riding round in circles) & climbing hills, I would have thought an average of 20 - 25MPH would be likely, so on that gestimate I would have thought about 480 miles??? You would never know until you've actually done it though.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!