Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamm 2018

I wondered about Rhum, but the ferry scheduling seems to rule it out

Quote Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Well, where ever it is, I should be back helping again, so frustrating not to have been fit enough to help this year.
    Well Chris, on behalf of those of us who travel from far and wide for the LAMM when able, I just want to say thanks for helping out. We really do appreciate it. It's a lovely race and incredibly well organised.

Hope you are on the mend :-)

b

Master
    So Harris then - excited already! There are ferries on a Sunday, but only 1 per day I think sop not enough for the volume of people they'll hopefully get. We're going to spend a few days there to make the most of it.

Bearing in mind that, as far as I'm aware, Raasay ( where the Wee Frees were founded around 1896 ) is the only island that still maintains a strict "No Ferries on Sunday" policy, could it be that Friday will be on Skye with the latter part of Saturday's routes and the finish on Raasay?

We were on Raasay for a couple of days in September 2002, my daughter had just returned from the USA and I wanted to get her feet firmly back on the ground. Some interesting terrain along the E coast and at the N end; also, Eilean Fladday is accessible on foot at low tide.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 25-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

I've just had a look at the LAMM website and Martin Stone has already announced that the LAMM 2018 will be on the Isle of Harris! http://www.lamm.co.uk. I've just re-read your post Torreodor and realised that you already knew and weren't just speculating, I think we'll be doing the same thing and spending a couple of weeks on Harris whilst we have the chance (the joy of being recently retired!)
    Last edited by Philg; 27-12-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Currently wondering how I can broach the subject of Jura (assuming I get an entry again) and the LAMM back to back to my wife. I suspect it'll be quite an exciting response

Greg - haven't you entered something else that starts on the 26th May?
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Indeed, it may need to shift to an ITT a few days post. Again, all speculation at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
    Well Chris, on behalf of those of us who travel from far and wide for the LAMM when able, I just want to say thanks for helping out. We really do appreciate it. It's a lovely race and incredibly well organised.

Hope you are on the mend :-)

b
    Thank Ben, the work that goes in from Martin makes every LAMM special and it is often another challenge to get the mid-camp set up before the first competitors land! Another bit of 'mending' to be done this week, fingers crossed!
    A circular route mostly downhill

Now then, 2037 views as I post................hope that means there is an equally high interest in entering?
    A circular route mostly downhill