Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rombalds Stride entry

That's an interesting line, I just go to Cowpers Cross and then direct to West Buck Stones. I think it takes longer, but its easier on the legs and you arrive at the same point fresher. Its a bit like going over esk pike vs the runners traverse at langdale.
    Dan Wilkinson - Ilkley Harriers

Quote Originally Posted by djglover View Post
    That's an interesting line, I just go to Cowpers Cross and then direct to West Buck Stones. I think it takes longer, but its easier on the legs and you arrive at the same point fresher. Its a bit like going over esk pike vs the runners traverse at langdale.
    I didn’t know left of the wall was out of bounds. In that case in future I’d go via cowpers cross rather than along the right of the wall unless it’s very dry.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    I didn’t know left of the wall was out of bounds. In that case in future I’d go via cowpers cross rather than along the right of the wall unless it’s very dry.
    Could it ever be dry? Frozen is more of a possibility. I remember many years ago before I was aware of the left-hand option when everything was frozen solid, including the lakes over the bogs. I stood on one and peered through the ice to the abyss below. This year was the first time I've followed the RHS since then. I was lucky to not find the bog monster.

true. I don't know what the conditions were like the year Graham did it in around 2hrs 30 - which seems insane - but presumably dry or frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Could it ever be dry? Frozen is more of a possibility. I remember many years ago before I was aware of the left-hand option when everything was frozen solid, including the lakes over the bogs. I stood on one and peered through the ice to the abyss below. This year was the first time I've followed the RHS since then. I was lucky to not find the bog monster.

Results are up: http://www.15thairedale.co.uk/rombalds-stride/

When I've uploaded the photos I took around the route I'll post a link to those too.

Does anyone know if the race is going ahead in 2019 and if so where are entries? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dobster View Post
    Does anyone know if the race is going ahead in 2019 and if so where are entries? Thanks
    I have been wondering the same thing Andy. Doesn't seem to be anything out there yet.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by dobster View Post
    It's still on the LDWA listings but nothing re: entry form availability on the scouts website yet: https://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_ev...event_id=20708

Thanks. Usually opens Aug / Sep, I wonder if it is struggling for an organiser.

I've been wondering the same about entries for next year. Looking back through the thread I see I never did post a link to last year's photos. Fill yer boots. Doesn't it make you long to go back for another dose of mud and Chevin? ;-)