Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spine Race 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Hmm, from posting that to now Jim has dropped off quite a bit and is now on a road not the PW.
    The word is that he is injured :-(

Injured and pulled out now. A real shame as that was some great racing from both of them.

"Jim Mann has retired from the Montane Spine Race 2018 with an injury. Nothing serious, still smiling and chatting with the team but unable to continue. More to follow."

there you have it.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

"Jim Mann has retired from the Montane Spine Race 2018 with an injury. Nothing serious, still smiling and chatting with the team but unable to continue. More to follow."

there you have it.
    What a shame. I'm sure he did what was right for him. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Though there had to be something up. Eoin just cought and pulled away from him too quickly. Real pity, taken a lot of the compition out of it a lot.

It seems Jim did some damage in a fall on day 1 that was manageable, but was aggravated today - falling in a hole I think? - to a level he couldn't continue.

Now it'll be interesting to see if he has pushed Eoin so hard that the door opens for Pavel.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

A lot changed last year between Alston and KY. Still race on for Eoin and Pavel. Unlucky for Jim.
    Geoff Clarke

It seems Jim did some damage in a fall on day 1 that was manageable, but was aggravated today - falling in a hole I think? - to a level he couldn't continue.

Now it'll be interesting to see if he has pushed Eoin so hard that the door opens for Pavel.
    Was it last year that Eoin found himself on the wrong side of a wall, on the first day and in climbing over it he fell and fractured a rib when landing on his GPS divice, leading to him retiring a couple of days later?

Through the window, I've just spotting head torches across the valley, heading down from the Kirk Carrion ridge towards Middleton-in-Teedale. Brrrrrrr....it's nippy out there and I feel quite the pampered whimp sitting here in front of the woodburner
    Am Yisrael Chai

And the race is back on! Tom Hollins overtaken and down into 4th as the go across Hadrians Wall and Pavel is now right behind Eoin in the battle for 1st.

All pretty close now, there goes my work productivity
    Last edited by AJF; 17-01-2018 at 12:05 PM.