Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Waterproof trousers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I have come to the opinion that the base layer is at least as important as the outer waterproof (or not so waterproof) layer. So in the sort of conditions that Mike T has just experienced, I would certainly have my thermal leggings on, and would expect to remain reasonably comfortable even if the outer layer was letting some water through.
    Under my Kamleika trousers I was wearing 2XU tights and Helly Hanson long johns. Perhaps I am asking too much of running kit in such conditions - but then my Shakedry top worked well for my top half, so it is possible for lightweight kit to keep the wearer warm and dry, at least for a while, despite rubbish weather.

I was under the impression that OMM had some eVent pants but it would seem they don't, so the Kamleikas are their "top" pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Under my Kamleika trousers I was wearing 2XU tights and Helly Hanson long johns. Perhaps I am asking too much of running kit in such conditions - but then my Shakedry top worked well for my top half, so it is possible for lightweight kit to keep the wearer warm and dry, at least for a while, despite rubbish weather.

I was under the impression that OMM had some eVent pants but it would seem they don't, so the Kamleikas are their "top" pants.
    Not that I wear waterproof over trousers very often, but on those very inclement conditions when I've been forced to, the trousers have usually begun to fail in their waterproof ability, before the jackets. I guess that's to do with the greater body movement they have to deal with, and maybe because they also have the jacket draining onto them too.

We obviously need to fund some research into this
    Am Yisrael Chai