Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterproof trousers

Waterproof trousers

Am looking to buy pair of waterproof trousers that meet FRA standard any recommendations be appreciated thanks in advance Martin

Banned
    OMM are the best I've ever had.

I use a pair I bought from a cheap highstreet outdoor shop. They were about £20, but had taped seams. I looked into getting some of the really light ones, but they were 50g lighter and £80 more expensive. I figure 50 grams is neither here nor there.

I guess it depends how much you're going to use them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    "Like"

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I use a pair I bought from a cheap highstreet outdoor shop. They were about £20, but had taped seams. I looked into getting some of the really light ones, but they were 50g lighter and £80 more expensive. I figure 50 grams is neither here nor there.

I guess it depends how much you're going to use them.
    Same here. I think mine were from a cheap outlet in Keswick and cost less than £20. Taped seams, breathable and pack down reasonably well. A bit heavier than top end stuff but I think I've only worn them a handful of times in all the years I've owned them so can't justify the cost of OMM etc. Waterproof jacket is a different matter of course - OMM kamleika smock.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Thanks I'll look at them

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Same here. I think mine were from a cheap outlet in Keswick and cost less than £20. Taped seams, breathable and pack down reasonably well. A bit heavier than top end stuff but I think I've only worn them a handful of times in all the years I've owned them so can't justify the cost of OMM etc. Waterproof jacket is a different matter of course - OMM kamleika smock.
    Which shop was it Pete I'm going Keswick Saturday . Don't think I'll wear them often so needn't pay top dollar. I've got inov8 jacket

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I bought them quite a few years ago and the shop has since closed down. There are quite a few other candidates though!

Super Moderator
    Yeomans for kit check, lightweight Goretex are around £90 if you’re going to wear them. My kit check pair have never been unpacked. Goretex are ME and a good cut. Best out of maybe three or pairs I’ve had over the years. Slim so don’t flap and they stay up

Mrs P was fed-up of her OMM waterproofs not being long enough so has just bought a pair of the latest Montane Atomics. Massive improvement on the old model [which I have], only slightly heavier that the Minimus but really good fit and with thigh-length zips. Perfect for getting them on in crap conditions without removing shoes. Zips are two-way, so you can vent them too if the need arises.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners