Thread: Narrow fit shoes - advice

Narrow fit shoes - advice

Hey folks,

I'm after a light trail shoe that is cushioned and has a narrow fit.

Is there anything anyone can recommend? I have the Mudclaw 300 and love the precision fit as it suits my foot perfectly however this fit is only available in the Mudclaw and x-talons and I want something with more cushioning for gentle trails and hard paths, landrover tracks/ some tarmac.

Is there such a shoe anyone can suggest?
    Ta much

Granty,

The LA Sportiva Bushido has a similar 'glove' like fit, i.e quite secure on the foot, but probably a little more comfortable for more general use.

Whether it is cushioned enough for you is a matter of opinion. Personally I have used it as an everyday training shoe, on trails, grass, road, treadmill, track. But it's certainly at the less-cushioned end of trail shoes, and really it's marketed as a mountain shoe (although it isn't up to full fell-race conditions).

In my opinion it's the finest running trainer around, and i'm likely to use it for the upcoming UTS100.

Hokas are notoriously narrow, especially the forefoot.

The Speedgoat 2 is a great trail shoe, might be worth a try. I get a bit of rubbing on one of my toes, but not enough to cause a blister ( yet ! ). They are obviously loads more cushioned than the Mudclaw, so depends if you want as much as that.

Meant to also say that Inov8 have changed the way they market the fit of their shoes, they have done away with Standard and Precision fit.

They now have a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the narrowest. X-Talon are 1, Mudclaw are 2, but I think all their trail shoes are 3, 4 or 5

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Salomon speedcross 4 are pretty narrow, reasonable amount of cushioning and enough grip for most trails.
    I usually wear a Mudclaw 300 for fell running and a salomon in the same size (8) is slightly narrower if anything and a glove-like fit. Love them so much, I have 2 pairs now!
    Last edited by PeteS; 13-02-2018 at 07:29 AM. Reason: I carnt spel

cheers folks

Vote here for the speedcross. I have narrow feet and love this shoe for trail stuff.
    Last edited by brummievet; 22-03-2018 at 12:08 AM.