Thread: Training Diary

Training Diary

Hi all,

Any recommendations on a decent training diary that I can purchase online? Quite cheap, good space, and specific for running evaluation would be great. rather than strava. Thanks

I think Pete Bland Sports do one. Though to be honest, surely you just need any empty diary.

I use Excel for mine, as well as the daily/weekly log I have a tab that shows results for every race I do across the years, and one for all my personal bests as a percentage against the course record.

I've never kept a proper training diary. For a while I had a piece of paper pinned to the wall where I simply wrote my daily miles down, just to get an idea of what mileage I was regularly doing week-to-week. In fact I may start this again to see what i'm doing now in comparison...

For races, I just use the page in the back of the FRA fixture calendar.

Strava has a nice training log now. View your activies by distance/height/time. Click into them to view the details.
    Untitled.png

I use attackpoint.org. It's used by quite a lot of orienteers but also a few fell runners.
    It's based on a blog format (write as much or as little a you wish) but allows you to free-describe training activities and has places to log shoes, heart rate, rhr, sleep, weight and training effort (on a scale from 0-5) as well as usual time, distance and ascent.
    I also use strava but find AP much easier to use as a training diary to look back on (nice graphs!).
    It's also free, though for a donation ($25 a year) you can get a few other bits and pieces (gps upload, training intensities).

Have a look at my log (ha! https://attackpoint.org/log.jsp/user_3801) to see what it's like. I've 10 years of training logged on there