Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Diary

Training Diary

Hi all,

Any recommendations on a decent training diary that I can purchase online? Quite cheap, good space, and specific for running evaluation would be great. rather than strava. Thanks

I think Pete Bland Sports do one. Though to be honest, surely you just need any empty diary.

I use Excel for mine, as well as the daily/weekly log I have a tab that shows results for every race I do across the years, and one for all my personal bests as a percentage against the course record.

I've never kept a proper training diary. For a while I had a piece of paper pinned to the wall where I simply wrote my daily miles down, just to get an idea of what mileage I was regularly doing week-to-week. In fact I may start this again to see what i'm doing now in comparison...

For races, I just use the page in the back of the FRA fixture calendar.

Strava has a nice training log now. View your activies by distance/height/time. Click into them to view the details.
    Untitled.png

I use attackpoint.org. It's used by quite a lot of orienteers but also a few fell runners.
    It's based on a blog format (write as much or as little a you wish) but allows you to free-describe training activities and has places to log shoes, heart rate, rhr, sleep, weight and training effort (on a scale from 0-5) as well as usual time, distance and ascent.
    I also use strava but find AP much easier to use as a training diary to look back on (nice graphs!).
    It's also free, though for a donation ($25 a year) you can get a few other bits and pieces (gps upload, training intensities).

Have a look at my log (ha! https://attackpoint.org/log.jsp/user_3801) to see what it's like. I've 10 years of training logged on there

I've tried attackpoint every now and again but I've never been able to keep up with it. I've decided I would try and go back to it once I recover from an extended injury.

From the outside, it looks the log is a big SQL data base. Do you know if you can download any information off there, albeit anonymized or your own log?

you can download an excell file of all your training off AP, covering whatever range of dates you wish.

You can also log injuries
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    you can download an excell file of all your training off AP, covering whatever range of dates you wish.

You can also log injuries
    Come on Nic, enlighten us. Ministry of Silly Walks?

running drills.
    We stand in the park doing weird walking as the commuters head home, hence the name.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy