Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Fantasy Fellrunning 2018

What a Welsh Treble. Geraint Thomas winning the Tour de France, me winning Fantasy Fellrunning and the WFRA banning GPS. Back of the net!
    It's about the only Fell Running related thing I will ever win apart from maybe the odd age category prize.
    I would like to thank Dan,Harry, Billy and Sharon Taylor whose fantastic running over the season has pushed me to these dizzy heights. It should be noted that Dan, Harry and Billy are all based around Matlock in the White Peak which shows that there is a great quality of fell runner outside of the traditional areas as all of them finished top 12 in both the English and British Championships. I know that there are many young (and old) local runners who are inspired by them which is tremendous.
    The only downside is that I will have to break up my team for next year as the "PINTS" value of my runners will have soared. I shall have to do some scouting over the winter for some under the radar runners. In fact it can be done, as both Dan and Billy were not on the original runners lists for this years competition.
    Finally, I must thank the person who has put the most effort in and that is Bill, without whom we would not have had so much fun. And yes Bill, I would love to take up my first prize of entry into your Castle Carr race if I can find out where it is. Must get my Map and Compass out!

You Ain't Seen Me. Right!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    It should be noted that Dan, Harry and Billy are all based around Matlock in the White Peak which shows that there is a great quality of fell runner outside of the traditional areas as all of them finished top 12 in both the English and British Championships. I know that there are many young (and old) local runners who are inspired by them which is tremendous.
    Yeah, it's the old runners from the Matlock area that I notice: M60s and M65s who are way ahead of me on my occasional forays to races in that area.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Smile

Gutted,relegated by a point!Cheers for all your efforts Bill,it's great fun for some of us non competing has beens,better pick a team who'll turn up whether it's gonna rain or not!Hope the Clarets have better luck
    gedoff yer horse an drink yer miilk

Cheers Bill,
    Brilliant competition, as always
    Do what you like, like what you do

Cheers Bill, very much enjoyed this!
    What are your thoughts on any format changes for next season? Vets points? Including extra substitutions albeit at a heavy cost?
    I got thrown by some of my runners choosing international duty and some injuries and would have been nice to get some actual point scorers in. A 10 point penalty per sub for more than 2 maybe?
    Understand it might might not be worth it as you’re the man doing the hard work! Always impressed with the speed you get the results up in!
    Look forward to next year and hopefully there will be a promotion on the cards!

What are your thoughts on any format changes for next season? Vets points? Including extra substitutions albeit at a heavy cost?
    I got thrown by some of my runners choosing international duty and some injuries and would have been nice to get some actual point scorers in. A 10 point penalty per sub for more than 2 maybe?
    I'll have a think about it. We used to do vets points. That's an interesting idea about allowing more subs for a point penalty.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

I personally think the extra subs is not a great idea.

Everyone knows they have only two subs, and if they decide to use them all up before the end of March then it's up to them!

Keep it simple i say...!