Thread: Up & Down Fell Magazine

Up & Down Fell Magazine

The complete archived set of the Up & Down fell running magazines, published in the early 1990's and edited by Dave Woodhead are now available on-line at,

http://www.dalesactive.co.uk/upanddownmagazine.html

Up & Down also includes the 'Fellternative Magazine' which is a cracking good read! Many of the issues discussed then are still very relevant today!

These have been digitised and uploaded by kind permission of the original publisher, CompassSport.

seen it via the alternative channel. A great read, well done whoever put the work in.

These magazines were a fantastic read every 2 months. I think I featured in most of the issues and I still have all the original copies carefully filed away. Digitalising them is a great tribute to the Woodheads efforts way back in the 90's.
    See the light in the night

I also have my complete set carefully put away for the day when they vie with SMOTS for top ebay bid!! (yeah, right!).

Enjoyed writing my contributions but of course, we all read it only for the brilliant, subversive, spot-on Fellternative. The smelly hellies escaping down the loo is an image that stayed with me forever!

Great news about the online availability...will check it now for a bit of nostalgia!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Great time waster!!
    Finally found the superb smelly Helly cartoon...issue 8, Lifas on The Run. An absolute classic. It was the sheer quality and inventiveness of the cartoon work in fellternative that made me give up my own humble contributions to The Fellrunner. There was no way I could compete!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth