Thread: New Mudclaw 275

New Mudclaw 275

New trail shoes. Interesting new Mudclaw 275 halfway down the page.

https://www.irunfar.com/2018/03/best...nter-2018.html

Master
    Wider toe box for me:
    "Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 ($145 – July 1, 2018) — X-Talon with Sticky Grip rubber and a wider toebox in a 260g (9.2 ounce) shoe with both 8mm lugs and 8mm of drop."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Wider toe box for me:
    "Inov-8 X-Talon Ultra 260 ($145 – July 1, 2018) — X-Talon with Sticky Grip rubber and a wider toebox in a 260g (9.2 ounce) shoe with both 8mm lugs and 8mm of drop."
    Looks like a good long distance fell shoe. Most padded/ultra shoes tend to have little grip compared to a fell shoe. Could be good.

I'm surprised they're calling this the X-Talon Ultra 260.

I thought all versions of an Inov8 model had the same outsole, and it was different midsole heights and different uppers that created the variety of versions per model.

This is definitely the current X-Claw 275 outsole, not the X-Talon outsole, so should be called the X-Claw Ultra 260 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by doughty84 View Post
    New trail shoes. Interesting new Mudclaw 275 halfway down the page.

https://www.irunfar.com/2018/03/best...nter-2018.html
    Well, it's not the ugliest shoe, ever, but that new Inov8 brothel creeper 275 is certainly going to be much improved, looks-wise by a good covering of mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    I'm surprised they're calling this the X-Talon Ultra 260.

I thought all versions of an Inov8 model had the same outsole, and it was different midsole heights and different uppers that created the variety of versions per model.

This is definitely the current X-Claw 275 outsole, not the X-Talon outsole, so should be called the X-Claw Ultra 260 :-)
    It does appear to be much the same as the X-Claw which isn't ideal. I've covered 350 miles in my pair now & find that they soon run out of talent on soft ground & aren't particularly comfortable on firmer ground so their actual purpose in life is not entirely clear.

Strangely (or not...) for Inov8s, they started to split above the little toe after about 60 miles.