Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Documentary

Documentary

Hello all,

I'm a film maker based in Manchester who has recently made a film about a Fell Runner and would love to share it with the community. I would really appriacte any thoughts you guys had.

https://vimeo.com/250126895

Thanks

Jack

That is brilliant! A prize winner in my opinion. So many of us can relate to him and his story and you have told it so so well. A normal guy, a love of fell running and, well just getting on with it despite his constraints.
    Well done. I actually had a tear in my eye watching that.

Banned
    Thank you Jack.

Thats what i am missing and your film will help me get back there.

Good effort by you and your production team👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jaack View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a film maker based in Manchester who has recently made a film about a Fell Runner and would love to share it with the community. I would really appriacte any thoughts you guys had.

Thanks

Jack
    Ive been fell running for nearly 20 years. But, after the best part of 3 months out, with no running at all, due to an ankle injury, I'm on the verge of beginning again soon (hopefully). Your wonderful and beautiful film has given me that extra inspiration to 'keep the faith', so to speak. A massive thankyou Jack. I'm about to share it with friends.
    Am Yisrael Chai

What a great film! Really beautifully filmed and really captures what fell running is about for me - those golden moments out in the hills

A wonderful film, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaack View Post
    Hello all,

Thanks

Jack
    Inspiration film, brilliant.

Reminds me of the adage I look to: 'Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming….WOW, what a ride!'
    Steve Fish : Clayton Le Moors Harriers

What a wonderful film, when he talks about the silence that to me is what it’s all about, not actively racing at present has made me stop more on my runs and just experience the quiet, I stood for ten minutes the other afternoon and watched a barn owl who appeared to be working the day shift it had a vole or some other small creature on the go but was being ragged by a bunch of crows, absolutely brilliant and all with in 10 minutes of my house.
    Keep up,the good work Jaack and make sure you post on here so we can see it

Wow, what a brilliant short film, really great. Makes us appreciate the smaller things in life, some of the stuff we just take fir granted, brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

You've really got point of the (extra) ordinary fellrunner over in a neatly crafted film. Especially for those of us currently injured, or perhaps past our sell by date, just getting out into the hills, listening and thinking...........Thank you, it's not always about the race.
    A circular route mostly downhill