Thread: x talon 225

x talon 225

I'm looking to replace my x talon 212s and spotted the 225s at a discount. YouTube reviews aren't telling me much and I've run a search on this forum and can't find any mention of them. Looks like they've been a round for a year for more.

Anyone have a view on these shoes? The 212s are still available at a discount (older style/colours) - which is good news for a cheapskate such as myself. I'm a bit put off by the 225s being described on one review as "water-proof" which isn't what I want at all.

Cheers in anticipation.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I found them great for racing. Very light but don't offer much protection apart from the toe area, so it does depend on what type of races you do, I guess.

I wrote a review which was shared by Inov8 at the time - http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/20...25-review.html
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by CalFerguson View Post
    I found them great for racing. Very light but don't offer much protection apart from the toe area, so it does depend on what type of races you do, I guess.

I wrote a review which was shared by Inov8 at the time - http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/20...25-review.html

Cheers Cal. That's really helpful. Think I'll give them a try.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I bought a pair not long ago and gave them a run out around Langdale over the pikes a few months back. Planning on wearing them at the Waltz next weekend.

Of the very limited time I've worn them I like the feel. They're light wiht decent protection for their weight, certainly more protection than the 190s. I felt very comfortable coming down turning at sharp angles and the grip on grass and standard paths was excellent. The run was in wet/damp conditions and I did find I slipped a few times on wet rock where the path was steep with maid steps. Possibly not as good grip as the new mudclaw 300s or the 212s but I can't be sure as I've only worn them once. I need to have a proper go of them to really be sure but solid first impressions. The fit felt excellent though and I like the slightly lower profile of them.

Calvin's clearly given them a proper go at Ben Nevis and Borrowdale so that's good enough for me. As he says the question might be which races to use them in depending on how technical they are e.g Langdale horseshoe terrain versus say Fairfield horseshoe or Waltz both with very runnable sections