Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good all round shoe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good all round shoe

Anybody any thoughts on shoes for general bodding around, i.e. trails, road, fell, beach. Most of my running is on a variety of terrain interspersed with road sections to get to the good bits, I’ve noticed a store in town has the Speedcross Vario which looks a decent shoe, anyone had any experience, am I going to scrub the soles off overly quickly on my road sections or are they fairly hard wearing, I notice that they are marketed as a bit of an all rounder, any other suggestions would be good, spent yesterday evening slip/ sliding in a pair of road shoes as my trusty old el cheapo New Balance trail shoes have given up the ghost i.e. I’m sick of stones coming through the holes

I use La Sportiva Bushido as my day-to-day shoe for all training.... road/treadmill/track/grass/trail. Although they are billed as a mountain shoe.

Not much cushioning if you are used to road shoes, but a fantastic shoe. The La Sportiva Akasha is also good and has more cushioning.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Salomon speedcross 4 are my general purpose off-road shoes with enough cushioning to make them usable on road sections too. I love them so much, I have 2 pairs on the go at any one time. Some find them a bit narrow though so try before you buy.

Saucony Peregrine 7 are great all-rounders - comfortable, reasonably well cushioned, 4mm drop, grippy sole on pretty much everything except mud and can be had for £60.

Super Moderator
    I thought you just wore your old fell shoes for stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I thought you just wore your old fell shoes for stuff like this
    I’m with you DT. Either some well worn Walshies if a bit of grip is needed, or some older road shoes if it’s firm underfoot.

Probably the speedcross, as well.

Saucony peregrine
    Altra lone peak
    Altra Superior

I've been using the NB Vazee Summit trail the last year or so. Great all rounder and good trip on most terrain apart from mud. I find them very like the old La Sportiva Crosslite- my all time favourite all rounder.

Cheers for all the suggestions, I’ll have a run out and try a few to see what suits