Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good all round shoe

Interesting spot Jez - will be good to see if they are more durable than the likes of the More Mile jobbies! I've had some Higher State shorts and socks and they've been fine, in fact I think the shorts are great.

Looks like they are also doing some promising looking running jackets that meet race rules - might be tempted when my Inov-8 smock delaminates :-)

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...running-smock/

Anyone used one?
    Last edited by stumpy; 19-04-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    For the money, these look excellent for an everyday training shoe. Not much info to be found on the interent, so I'm presuming they must be newly released? Their clothing is excellent.

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...-shoes-~-ss18/
    I might have a punt at a pair of them, it’ll be interesting to see how they come up in size, the clothing looks good and cheap as well, I’m not one for expensive kit if I can help it as everything ends up smelling like a ferrets armpit better to go cheap for everyday and chuck it away when it’s minging

I like the Nike Terra Kiger as my do anything shoe. Enough cushion to be happy on roads / firm trails for miles, and while the grip isn't quite as agressive as I'd like, it does well enough in anything short of full on fell conditions.

Wildhorse would work too if you prefer slightly more heel:toe drop.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    For the money, these look excellent for an everyday training shoe. Not much info to be found on the interent, so I'm presuming they must be newly released? Their clothing is excellent.

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...-shoes-~-ss18/

Am I right in thinking that Higher State is Sportsshoes own brand? It'd be interesting to know if the design and manufacture is related to any better-known products. Are they similar to the More Mile shoes?
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Am I right in thinking that Higher State is Sportsshoes own brand? It'd be interesting to know if the design and manufacture is related to any better-known products. Are they similar to the More Mile shoes?
    It is their own brand, yes. Not sure who makes it. But if the shoes are as good as the clothing, they'll be more than adequate! As I say, maybe just for a training shoe? But I might be doing them a disservice!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I thought you just wore your old fell shoes for stuff like this
    I’m with you DT. Either some well worn Walshies if a bit of grip is needed, or some older road shoes if it’s firm underfoot.

Anyone got any long term feedback on those More Mile soil shaker jobs, especially long term use? Having had yet another pair of Inov-8 uppers fail after just a couple of hundred miles if I can't find anything more robust, then may as well try cheaper!

Master
    Some of my training partners like More Mile shoes - cheap, comfortable, reasonable grip - but they do not last long - holes appear at the flexion point in the uppers in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Some of my training partners like More Mile shoes - cheap, comfortable, reasonable grip - but they do not last long - holes appear at the flexion point in the uppers in no time.
    Sorry, I said "More Mile" but meant Higher State! I had a pair of the More Mile jobs and the same thing happened to me - seemed like they were made of paper!

These ones then?

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds