Thread: Paddy Buckley Round

Paddy Buckley Round

Anyone aiming for the PBR this year? I've been tentatively working towards it for a couple of years and this year I have a sufficient gap in my schedule and no conflicts with races so I'll be attempting it in June/July, all things being equal. I know most of the area well but want to do some more solid recce-ing so there's less hassle with navigation when the brain stops working. I'm a 12 hour 50 mile hilly ultra runner to give you an idea of speed (though have done much longer than 50's) - if you are considerably quicker or slower than me, I dont think it'll work... If anyone wants to meet up for some training recce runs, let me know. I live about 60 miles away from Snowdonia so doesn't take much for me to get there.

Attempting it on Saturday, 3 am start at Llanberis on a 23:40 schedule if you fancy it!

How did it go.

Yeah, keen to know how you got on. I was busy with a race in Romania so June is going to be the month for me, all going to plan. I'm planning on a Capel start to get the bogs and rough ground done while legs are fresh and the light is with me. The run from Elidir Fawr back to Capel is pretty straightforward so even at night should be easy enough. I'd be keen to know how bad the bog was after Moel Siabod. Last time I did it it was thigh deep in places...

So far no other takers - is this really not something many people are thinking about doing?

Quote Originally Posted by mdb View Post
    Yeah, keen to know how you got on. I was busy with a race in Romania so June is going to be the month for me, all going to plan. I'm planning on a Capel start to get the bogs and rough ground done while legs are fresh and the light is with me. The run from Elidir Fawr back to Capel is pretty straightforward so even at night should be easy enough. I'd be keen to know how bad the bog was after Moel Siabod. Last time I did it it was thigh deep in places...

So far no other takers - is this really not something many people are thinking about doing?
    I'm keen to have a crack at it - this year will be further reccie time, actual attempt next spring I reckon

Let me know if you fancy meeting up mid-week for a recce on any of the sections. I did the Capel to Aberglaslyn section this week. Dry(ish) and bogs were very mild but really hot so dehydration a problem.