Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clough Head

Hope you are looking forward to tomorrow, we certainly are as it looks like it is going to be a lovely day. Some final thoughts:

Please please please share cars. Follow signs for the official race parking. The participant list is on resultbase.net so you can see who else is entered to share cars with.

Let me know if you are arriving by minibus (I only know of Holmfirth Harriers so far). If you are staying over in a van tonight, please can we kindly request that you vacate the cricket club car park by 10am and use the competitor parking.

Please take care on the Newsham road (where the start/finish is) as runners are likely to be going very fat on here. Men should take particular care on their warm up.

The men's start is likely to be a bit congested, please be patient and follow the directions of the marshals as they shepherd you.

Don't make any assumptions about kit requirements based on the weather forecast. Come prepared to carry full kit, the kit requirements will be posted at registration. Maps will also be on sale.

Please share cars (saying it again because I really mean it!)

I'm also delighted to share our bumper prize list with you. A massive thanks to all the businesses who are supporting the race. As you can probably tell, there will be some really generous spot prizes so please stick around for prize giving. The race entry system has a 'random entrant generator' so I'm hoping it will be the most efficient spot prize-giving you've ever seen.

Headline sponsors: Pete Bland sports and Inov-8.

375 Inov-8 Vouchers (Inov-8)

200 Pete Bland Sports vouchers (Pete Bland Sports)

Voucher for Inov-8 Mudclaws (Needle Sports)

Salomon Race Vest (Salomon and George Fisher)

Magnum of Champagne (George Hotel Keswick)

Bottle of Highland Park Whisky (George Hotel Keswick)

40 Meal voucher (George Hotel Keswick)

16 x Cumberland Ale (George Hotel Keswick)

6 x Mountain Fuel Goody Bags (Mountain Fuel)

Ice Climb Experience Voucher (Kong Adventure)

Krazy Kong Experience Voucher (Kong Adventure)

15 Fellpack voucher (Fellpack Cafe Keswick)

18 Pairs of Inov-8 socks (Inov-8)

Inov-8 Buff and Water Bottle (Cotswold Outdoor)

Sam (I'm not a prize, I'm just signing off the message)
    Last edited by steady; 05-05-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Cheers. Just checking FF team.😂
    I see all my team are running. Good luck to everyone.
    No longer "resting"

Hope you had fun yesterday, your shoulders aren't too pink and your quads allow you to walk down the stairs facing forwards.

Thank you for coming, and for eating lots of cake. The Primary school raised over 1,500 which is brilliant. Add that to the over 2,000 which will be donated to charities via the race funds and it was a huge success. I'll post up the final numbers later.

These figures were made possible in part by the following businesses who either donated prizes or supported in some other way: Inov-8, Pete Bland Sports, The George Hotel Keswick, Mountain Fuel, George Fisher, Needle Sports, Kong Adventure, Cotswold Outdoor, Brysons of Keswick, Fellpack Keswick, The Horse and Farrier (Threlkeld).

Results are here: https://resultsbase.net/event/4364/results. Please let me know of any errors before I submit them to the FRA.

This was a one-off for the English Champs but if you enjoyed the venue we have Helvellyn & the Dodds on 27th May and Kong Adventure hold a Clough Head race over a similar route as part of their winter series, look out for it next year.

I have loads of lost property, some of which is really starting to smell so please have a look and claim it if you can. See the following link for pics: https://t.co/eYW0TxwpTN

I'll be at Fairfield on Saturday and you can contact me on latriggrace@gmail.com to claim something.

Cheers

Sam