Thread: Treadmills

Treadmills

I'm thinking of getting a treadmill-shock horror!! Does anyone have any recommendations for something around £300? I don't need fancy pre programmes, but I would like inclines and to be able to do reps at 12mph. The ones I've seen seen to only go to 10mph.
    Something that'll last, That I can put in garage for use over winter.
    Ta. Neil

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    [I'm sure Travs will be replying to this as soon as he gets back from his little 100-mile trot around Snowdonia.]
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Thanks for the recommendation Anthony, but i only know how to run on them, not anything about buying them! 10-12mph and an incline of 15% will certainly make you work though, and as a very rough estimate, i would equate an hours hard work at 15% gradient (maybe between 6-8mph varying effort) being equivalent to climbing Snowdon...

I now run 'flat' at an incline of about 4.5-5% gradient, which gives me the feeling of running flat, when others are running uphill. In fact at 4% gradient i often think i'm falling off the front of the treadmill...! Whether this will have any long-term negative effects i don't know (and don't particularly want to think about!)
    Last edited by Travs; 17-05-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Blimey! 5 minute miles at 15% gradient, thatll make a man of me!! I know what you mean about running flat on it though, it feels like downhill running after a hill session.

Only for a minute or so... then it'll make a corpse of most people...! Including myself...