Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ploggers

  1. #1
    Master Jez Hellewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burley-In-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,144

  2. #2
    Senior Member Daletownrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Out Running
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Looks a great idea, the only thought is where do you dump the rubbish that you pick up, my home bin isn’t big enough for my own rubbish never mind everyone else’s littter really boils my pee, I now have routes which I can’t run as the sight of McDonalds wrappers, opo bottles etc etc really winds me up

  3. #3
    Master Jez Hellewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burley-In-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Looks a great idea, the only thought is where do you dump the rubbish that you pick up, my home bin isn’t big enough for my own rubbish never mind everyone else’s littter really boils my pee, I now have routes which I can’t run as the sight of McDonalds wrappers, opo bottles etc etc really winds me up
    I agree. It alway amazes me that people buy a McDonalds, go & eat it on the moors (presumably because it's a beautiful spot), then go & chuck their rubbish out of the window.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    I agree. It alway amazes me that people buy a McDonalds, go & eat it on the moors (presumably because it's a beautiful spot), then go & chuck their rubbish out of the window.
    I don't think these halfwits go for the beauty of the location but the remoteness so that they can smoke their joint, shag their girlfriend/boyfriend, update their facebook, pick the scab off their latest tattoo, chuck the Mcdonalds out the window and drive back to the zoo they came from.
    But never mind, the Ploggers will have a run past later.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Manhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ashway stone
    Posts
    802
    I've joined runners against rubbish, costs 2.00 (surely not even fell runners will belly ache at that (!!!) You get a nifty little pin badge & a car sticker. Nowadays whenever I'm out on the hill I'll pick up at least 1 can/bottle - "binners are winners"
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,227

  7. #7
    Master Jez Hellewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burley-In-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    I've joined runners against rubbish, costs 2.00 (surely not even fell runners will belly ache at that (!!!) You get a nifty little pin badge & a car sticker. Nowadays whenever I'm out on the hill I'll pick up at least 1 can/bottle - "binners are winners"
    Excellent. I'm signing up.

  8. #8
    Master Jez Hellewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burley-In-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,144
    Done!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •