Thread: Ronda del cims

Ronda del cims

Has anyone on here done Ronda? I did mitic a couple of years ago and now have another qualifying race so I can enter Ronda next year. My question is about training. I would be interested in knowing what sort of stuff people did. I got round mitic fine but an extra 30miles would have killed me. So anyone got tips or a plan they followed?

I have a place for this year, I have been doing a range of stuff. Lots of climbing and practice with poles. I am heading out 2 weeks before the race to get used to the heat and altitude. Happy to share my experiences (good or bad) when I get back. I also have UTMB this year, but the Ronda is by far my main goal and it feels the bigger challenge.

oops forgot to say I did have a training plan based on 4 week blocks. the main bit was back to backs every week. progressing through the blocks, with a long hard climb day followed by a slightly short flatter fast day. PM me for more details and sheet of what id did and tried to do if you are interested.

Steve
    Last edited by Spr; 11-06-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    Has anyone on here done Ronda? I did mitic a couple of years ago and now have another qualifying race so I can enter Ronda next year. My question is about training. I would be interested in knowing what sort of stuff people did. I got round mitic fine but an extra 30miles would have killed me. So anyone got tips or a plan they followed?
    I’ve run Ronda the last 2 years and have DNFd both times so I’m not sure how valuable my advice is! However, I’m back this year and I’ve focussed on it with lots and lots of climbing over the last few months (Strava tells me I’m at ~250,000ft for the year so far) and long outings (I did a Ramsay Round last month) mixed in with ‘shorter efforts’ at hard AL fell races. I feel in much better nick that’s previously so hopefully it won’t defeat me this year. It’s a brute of a course but it’s doable with sensible pacing I think; basically as slow as you can go! It’s a different animal to UTMB as you’ll know from Mitic, more like fell terrain with incredibly long climbs and descents. It’s awesome, probably why I keep going back! Good luck, I’ll see you in Ordino in a few weeks! Chris

Thanks guys and good luck. Jealous I am not there this year