Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I'll be there. My bag will be significantly heavier than that of my partner.
    Carol and I are having a go at the Fairfield pairs class. I intend to suggest she carries the tent.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    Carol and I are having a go at the Fairfield pairs class. I intend to suggest she carries the tent.
    ... with you in it?

Score seems very popular. I’m in as a solo.

My superlight (10years old) inov8 bag broke when I practice bounced it! So will be heavier than my original 4.5kgs... might dump the down jacket... and the cosy sleeping bag.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    ... with you in it?
    On day 2 maybe
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Klets again so solo which means my sack I still more than 5kg, need to eat lots of the food during day 1 as that is without any water

Hi, I'm fairly new here but I'm in the Saunders this year. It's my first one so we're just doing Harter Fell class and mostly just hoping to not come last.

My bag weighs 3.5kg at the moment but I haven't got water or food in there yet - that's just clothes/waterproofs, tent, mat, sleeping bag etc. My partner's much fitter/stronger than me though so I'm hoping to sneak all the heavy stuff into her bag... I'm definitely taking water - every time I've been out in the hills recently it's been so dry that I don't want to rely on finding water.

Harter Fell for me too. No idea how much my bag weighs but I think it's 50% suncream and electrolyte tabs good luck climbingpixie!

Pairs in the score. Bag and kit about 4.8kg dry. Planning to carry two bottles as I suspect water will be far between. No down jacket, down vest is in though.

Off to buy some more electrolyte tabs as I suspect they'll be needed!

Super Moderator
    Have fun y’all

Good luck to you too mountainringlet! I'm registered, fed and camped up at Grasmere now. Hoping it quietens down soon though. Pete Blands were doing a roaring trade in Nuun tablets. I'm trying to strike a balance between hydrating myself tonight and the likelihood of a 2am wee disturbing my sleep...