I'd hoped to do another long distance challenge to celebrate 60 but wear and tear in my left ankle and knee have limited my participation in the sport for several years now. Alas, no JNC or Frog Graham for me. To compensate and having taken up cycling and more recently swimming. In order to save my knees I am attempting a route around the Lakes this coming Saturday. Starting at Moothall at 3 am I climb Skiddaw and descend to Mirehouse before donning a wet suit and swimming to Beck Wythrop. At this point I collect my bike and cycle to Wythburn, put fell shoes back on and go up and down Helvellyn. Cycling over Wrynose and Hardnott to Wasdale, back into fell shoes for a trip aroung the Scafells, before the cycle back over Cold Fell, Winlatter, Newlands and Honister to arrive at hawes End. A final swim across Derwent water will lead to a jog back into Keswick with an aim of touching Moothall about 18 hours after leaving. Hope the knees survive, and to be honest its the fell that I am most worried about!!Got a great support team and just a few nerves to go with it. weather looks great though so hopefully get to Moothall for a pint by about 21:30 hours.Approx 100 miles bike and 11000 feet, 23 miles fell and 8000 feet and 2 miles of swimming and 0 feet!