Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

Nice little town, lovely sea-front, and the estuaries around there are huge.

Went in the Titanic Museum there which was very good for an hour. I thought even better than the one in Liverpool, and it contained some bits of furniture/etc from other ships from the White Star line which sailed at the same time.

Cork itself was nice... lots of bars.... a funny kind of place, old typical irish terraced colourful houses, right next door to modern buildings. Although was the first time I've ever been to Ireland at all so it was all new to me (admittedly i was supposed to be out there working for two days but we wrapped it all up in an afternoon so had a bit of free time!)
Of course, Belfast now has the biggest and best Titanic museum. I would have thought they might have been a bit embarrassed about building the Titanic, but they are really proud of it.

I was also there on a working visit originally. As usual, it had got to the middle of July and my wife and I still hadn't arranged a Summer holiday. Then I got sent to a meeting in Belfast; my wife has been saying that she would like to go to Ireland (I've been many times before, but she has never been), so that settled where our holiday would be.