Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Resting

Re: Today's Resting

13 mile trail run two days ago and the tendons in my right foot are still on fire when I walk

Felt like crap for two days with cold.....just been sat at home dojng beggar all. See how we go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by losidan View Post
    Felt like crap for two days with cold.....just been sat at home dojng beggar all. See how we go tomorrow.

Must be catching these cold things, same with me, very very steady 5 miles with the dog and managed to spot a cheeky fox on the road in front of us, the dog never even noticed and she calls herself a Lakeland Terrier

Was meant to run 11 miles today, but I ended up wall papering instead and then having a Birthday meal. luckily, its my actual birthday tomorrow and I've got the day off work so Im going to make sure I do it tomorrow!

Strictly speaking, this weeks resting.

It's amazing how much you get done when you don't spend every spare minute running aboot or dealing with the muddy consequences.

Foot stool construction (although I have yet to harvest the stinging nettles for the fabric and all that follows)
    Chocolate Truffles, creation and destruction.
    Sourdough culture started

Many many many menial chores.
    Waxing the spinning wheel
    General foraging (Gorse flowers, bit tasteless but edible and a pretty addition to a plate) Need to crack on with the Rowan Jelly
    Pumpkins of course
    And I still have time to read copious amounts
    Doors painted
    Back door step stripped of paint ready for a new coat... the list goes on

And now I have beer!!!

No kids running aboot tho
    pies

2nd partial rest week done, just 4 easy peasy runs last week

Back to 6 days a week this week, but no hard efforts. Then back to proper running next week to begin the long build up for the Highland Fling.

Really hoping I don't balls this up like I did earlier year!! I foresee being alone in the dark... a lot. Should really stop looking at those big cats in the UK websites, they don't help.
    pies

Badly sprained my left ankle out in Beetham woods on Wednesday night's club run....:thunbdown: It's swollen, bruised and sore, sore, sore....

Had it X rayed today, not broken, thankfully! But that me resting, tubigrip, ibuprofen, and frozen peas on it. I think it'll be at least two weeks before I'm back running, what's other people's experience of how long to leave it before getting back to normal training?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vics View Post
    Badly sprained my left ankle out in Beetham woods on Wednesday night's club run....:thunbdown: It's swollen, bruised and sore, sore, sore....

Had it X rayed today, not broken, thankfully! But that me resting, tubigrip, ibuprofen, and frozen peas on it. I think it'll be at least two weeks before I'm back running, what's other people's experience of how long to leave it before getting back to normal training?
    Strange thing Vics, some times back in a week when I considered it bad and other times 3 weeks when I consider it mild.

Your doing the right thing with the RICE, compression and elevation appears to be the most successful for me.

I did the same thing 6 days before the OMM, the physio told me not to run the OMM, but I strapped it up well and it was fine. I was in no pain with it when running, it only hurt if I twisted it, hence loads of strapping to prevent this. After the OMM I went back to the Physio and he was amazed that I did the OMM, he asked me if I had rested it after the race, it was Thursday, I said "sort of, only ran on the road" I said, "how far" he asked he nearly fell of his chair when I said 28 miles in the last two days.

I would listen to your body, I could run with no pain once the swelling has gone down, if you are the same crack on carefully, if in pain I would say rest, I was given exercises to do in a bucket of ice water might be worth a go.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

25 days on from spraining my ankle - I'm still not running! :thunbdown:

Tried running last Sunday and I paid for it through to Wednesday.

Now that all the swelling is down, treatment has started with physio, but I've been told definitely no running. So a 2 mile muddy walk today is ok? No, aches, aches, aches :angry: Worth it though to be out and pushing uphill! So much so I went up and down the hill 6 times just to get a bit of a fix. Hmmm, I'll not get better if I carry on doing this. And my entry to the Dark and White mini mountain marathon for this coming Sunday has had to be sadly given up.

Several things I've noticed without running - 1. I need much less sleep, 2. Much less hungry, 3. All the DIY and fiddly jobs are getting done, 4. Kids aren't getting away with half the stuff they used to.

Roll on 2013 and getting back to RUNNING!