Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous person Top Trumps

Banned
    Holmsie the legend

Various occasions usually in a pub🍺🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Jez is going to take some beating I think (mind I’m keeping my Italian football referee at Pisa airport surrounded by fans back for the time being)
    Must be Collina DT?

Super Moderator
    Correct Jez. On his way to Manchester to officiate a mid-week CL game

Actually it was a near miss. My then girlfriend went to the toilet at the airport and saw him but didn’t tell me till later. She said it was ‘some bald fella’. I was gutted
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 25-07-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Collina, a rarity as a referee in actually being remembered as a legend.

I have quite a few football ones. Lucas Radebe and Norman “bites your legs” Hunter in restaurants, Nigel Martyn as a customer at the car dealership I worked for at the time and Mel Sterland at a cash point.

Finally I met Bobby Robson in the corridors of Villa Park where I had been invited on a corporate do. It was Sven-Goran Eriksson’s first game as England manager. He was every bit the true gent you’d imagine.

I’m sure if Oracle was still around he would trump all of us. He appeared to know everybody!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    On the football theme, I was once taken to a pub in Chelsea (not my usual habitat) by someone who pointed out George Best sitting on the other side of the room.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Whilst we’re on the football theme Paulo Maldini, not being a follower of football I didn’t have a clue, he was just some bloke wearing sunglasses at breakfast time. Apparently he was pretty good in his time

I was on a flight with Ryan Giggs once (I might already have shared this on a different thread). I didn't recognise him, but lots of kids did and he was very good at letting them get photos with him.

Graham Thorpe in the toilets at Singapore Airport. Around an hour later I was surprisingly upgraded to business class and guess who I was sat adjacent to, yes Graham Thorpe!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Reluctantly, Jimmy Saville. Running up Sutton Bank as we were driving down. Stopped the car, had a chat and got photos! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Reluctantly, Jimmy Saville. Running up Sutton Bank as we were driving down. Stopped the car, had a chat and got photos! ��
    Also had a Jimmy Saville experience. I nearly ran him over after he ran out in front of me near Cardiff Castle in his sparkly tracksuit. He was doing the Cardiff Marathon the next day. I often wonder that perhaps I should have been a bit slower hitting the brakes!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog