Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alberto Salazar

pies

No real surprise there. We discussed his training group a while ago in another thread. Athletics is completely without credibility. Russia, Gatlin, Salazar etc. etc.

Yes there's always been doubt about the whole Origon Project, and Mo was advised to stay away often enuff. What I didn't like about documentary was the step by step guide to obtaining EPO, how to micro dose and the assertion that you'll never get caught, very irresponsible I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlegs View Post
    No real surprise there. We discussed his training group a while ago in another thread. Athletics is completely without credibility. Russia, Gatlin, Salazar etc. etc.
    I'd rephrase that a little - Elite Athletics is completely without credibility.

and in the meantime the NGBs continue to play fast and loose with Grass Roots athletics to try and improve what the discredited elite are producing and included in that is signing up Salazar as a consultant.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

guess it wont be long until cl suspicions prove to be right

I found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32983932 to be fascinating and revealing.
    With undetectable performance hikes like that, it must be almost impossible for a professional athlete to resist?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

When they make the film adaptation of this, they won't need to change his name - he sounds like a good baddie.

Banned
    Sounds like another armstrong to me.

Wonder how many do it in fell running?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Sounds like another armstrong to me.

Wonder how many do it in fell running?
    Plus mountain running and ultra running. I suspect a hell of a lot less do it in fell running as there's no money in it. There's not enough money in ultras really (especially when compared to effort / recovery to gain). but mountain running in Europe there maybe too much temptation for some. It's shocking / upsetting the gains he made in the BBC documentary after such a short time.

Professional sport = doping.

I accept it and enjoy the sport as it is, doping will never go away.