Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Lantern Pike Fell Race

No pictures of tortoises or rabbits I'm afraid but I have included some interesting reflections of Lantern Pike in soap bubbles! Oh, and a few runners as well should be here https://flic.kr/s/aHskkhVBXQ

Nice pictures, Shaun. I'm intrigued by the soap bubble, which contains a mirror image of the hill and sun, and beneath that a mirror image of the mirror image.

Here's a link to my photos as I struggled round. It felt so slow but turned out nearly 8 mins faster than in 2013. What an amazing day for weather.

Another cracking day. Blue skies, slight breeze, tents full of cakes, oh and a fell race. Thanks to Jim, Sir Geoff and all the helpers for a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    Another cracking day. Blue skies, slight breeze, tents full of cakes, oh and a fell race. Thanks to Jim, Sir Geoff and all the helpers for a great day.
    How many times have you done this one now, Mr Clough?

I enjoyed spectating!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    How many times have you done this one now, Mr Clough?
    That was my 15th Geoff, I think John McC has done the most, he's only missed a handful.
    I'm sure I have read somewhere that someone has done 40 Ben Nevis races.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I enjoyed spectating!!
    Hey Up' Brett - did'nt realise you were at the Latern Pike FR this year, I also managed a short spell spectating (helping marshall the Start) and also a few glimpsies (from the Show Field) of the Runners heading over the Pike and then seeing young Jack Ross whizzing through the Finish to win this years LPFR, it reall was a great day, if a little warm for those taking part.....was also very hot for those of us that make the Hayfield Country Show & Sheep Dog Trials happen....probably our busiest ever weekend, thanks to the more that kind weather. Thanks to all of you who came along to do the race and enjoy the Show http://www.hayfieldshow.co.uk/ hope to see lot's of you there again next year. Plus I'll have "special" spectating pass for you Brett, if you let me know you'ell be there next year too :-)
    Cheers ALH......
    ...back to Kinder Trail 2017 planning next..
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Wowieeeeeeee.......can't believe it's nearly here again.... :-)
    The Lantern Pike Fell Race that is
    Weather is not looking too bad over the weekend
    More info in the usual places www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/ & www.hayfieldshow.co.uk/index.htm
    Hope to see lots & lots of you folks there again to enjoy the fun on Saturday & the rest of the Show Weekend
    As ever there is always something more than special at the Show not forgetting Ricky's Record 29.12....come & have Go!!!!!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....

I'm going to have another crack at the record this year Luv Shack,I was an agonising 17 minutes 54 seconds short of beating it last year.

Hey Up' Lad, that's really good that you will be Lantern Pike'ing again tomorrow, we've ordered better weather than today, rather damp and misty over the Pike earlier today!!! Marquees are all up now, was up there last night as it went dark getting the Sheep Pens & Hurdles sorted, Race & Road Signs next job this Morn'
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....