Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Peris Horseshoe

Re: Peris Horseshoe

I sent a letter in with the entry form detailing the long list of AM's I've done this year along with other experience etc, so I reckon I should be OK. I wouldn't enter if I didn't think I could complete it safely. The last thing I would want is marshals hanging around on some claggy summit for hours waiting for me.

Smile Re: Peris Horseshoe

BBC Weather forecasts a big blob of high pressure over the UK on race day. Should be very pleasant conditions for marshalling. Just hope there isn't any clag for those of us waiting on the summits!

Think we'll be after different conditions! Last years must have been a marshalls dream but a runners nightmare, well for me at least. I don't do hot weather so if it gets close to 20 I die a death on any long ascents. Anice overcast day with a light wind will do me fine.

Outlook for Saturday / Rhagolygon ar gyfer Dydd Sadwrn

Dry and fair on Saturday with the cloud cover tending to increase through the afternoon. Cloud bases should remain generally above the summit, with the visibility becoming very good after early morning mistiness. In a steadily freshening southwesterly breeze, the temperature is expected to reach Plus 9 Celsius at 900 metres.

Weather looks quite good, will be happy with that, not too hot.

Good luck everyone doing this. I normally try and do it, but my knees are in bad shape at the moment. It's a great route. I took my kids (6 and 8) up Snowdon on sunday, and I was boring them telling them where the race goes, but I think I was impressing myself to realise the ground it covers.

Does anyone know the Half Peris route, does it end at Pen Y Pass
    I am hoping to do that on Saturday, excuse for not doing the full is coming off nights!!!!

According to their website "The "Half-Peris" will be run this year. Same route to Pen y Pass. Start 30 minutes before the main race. " which I assume is the same as the "Early Start" at 10:30 with kit check 10.20 and registration at the Victoria Hotel from 9.30am

Results are up now. Sorry I can't be bothered to do the split times this evening as Ireland are playing Georgia at 7pm. Anyway, Blakey's still got the summit time sheets.

Hope you all enjoyed the day; it was bloomin' freezing and claggy on Elidir, so Iain should have been satisfied.

http://www.btinternet.com/~alantudur...pedolperis.pdf
    Last edited by Wills; 15-09-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: forgot to include URL
    Skidmarks on the Summit

About perfect conditions, started off quite warm through the quarries, but then nice and cool all the way to Pen Y Pass, but it then got warm around the climb to Lliwedd, but on top it was windy and cool, perfect conditions really.

I knocked 40 minutes of last years time, finished in 3:37. There was 4 or 5 of us in the second group behind the front 2, I went up to 3rd very briefly but Barry and the DPFR guy pulled away on Lliwedd and I decided not to push it with them as I felt I wasn't far off blowing up. They were only a few minutes a head of me from then on, in sight but too far away for me to try to catch.

Had the usual cramps on Snowdon, done 2 ultras and a Paddy Buckley this year and not had cramps, yet every Peris race I always get cramps just at the top of the East ridge of Snowdon and running down the ranger, agony.

Great day.

That was a classy run there Iain - well done !
    MJ