Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Arenig Fawr

Re: Arenig Fawr

Quote Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
    I really like the photos . They really capture the atmosphere and scenery . Well done Al .

I thought the race was really well run and organised with fantastically generous fillings of food at the end . I liked the route appart from the last "slog" along the flat .

Anybody have any idea when the results will be up ?
    Results very soon on: http://yiannistridimas.tripod.com/
    unless the WFRA beat me to it.
    Yiannis

The picture on the main page of the WFRA website is one of the best fell running pictures i have seen.
    http://www.wfra.me.uk/indexnew.htm

Take a bow Alistair ... and just a quick mention about the runner.Ifan is a mountain biker turned runner,and will be running in a Cymru vest next year in my opinion....huge improvements in his first year of running.A nice lad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    The picture on the main page of the WFRA website is one of the best fell running pictures i have seen.
    http://www.wfra.me.uk/indexnew.htm

Take a bow Alistair ... and just a quick mention about the runner.Ifan is a mountain biker turned runner,and will be running in a Cymru vest next year in my opinion....huge improvements in his first year of running.A nice lad too.
    Thanks Rodders..... Have to admit..... the weather did have a little to do with it.....and that spot is really photogenic.... Breidden Hills next Sunday.....
    Al.

Ah good see you there

Arenig route

Been on the Arenig's today. Did some of the race route. I got to the summit of Arenig Fawr and turned back for 300 mtrs or so and bear left for the long descent to check point 4.

There is now a brand new fence that goes all the way to the bottom of the valley and the farmer is currentlly re-building the walls at the bottom to check point 4.
    Cant remember from last year if we descended to the right or the left of the old flattend fence and the (back then) ruined wall

There does'nt seem to be any way over the new fence or new wall other than climbing over them if we descend to the left of the fence or walls There is a steel gate just above CP3??

I'm sure we descended from CP3 to halfway down on the left then hopped over the ruined wall to the right hand side down to CP4.

Have you heard any news on the new boundries Yiannis??
    Thanks.

Re: Arenig route

I saw a chap who owns the farm opposite there a few weeks ago. He said they'd been putting new fences up. It didn't occur to me it might effect the race. I don't think they would appriciate us just pilling over their new fences on mass.
    Perhaps Yiannis could find a new route down that avoids the fence and that last stretch of flat at the bottom ;-) Only joking Yiannis

Thank you gentlemen for letting me know. I will go and check the new fences and if necessary have a word with the farmer. I will report soon.
    Yiannis

I had a good look at the descent and it appears likely that we will use the old steel gate just before CP3 to cross to the other side of the new fence. After that everything else is as normal. The route is flagged and marshalled, so there will be no problem on the day, just follow the flags.
    Yiannis
    Last edited by ydt; 03-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    so there will be no problem on the day, just follow the fags.
    Are you putting out a line of cigarettes as a trail for people to follow, or is one of the lead runners a chain smoker?