Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip to the dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Perhaps he thought as a mathematician you wouldn't be taken in by promised them guaranteed loans and profitable returns with 10% interest.

Related to another thread, when I visit my dentist on 6th March on Newchurch Road, Stacksteads, I'll be able to look out of the reception window at the garden where my Grandad Taylor had an aviary back in the late 60s.

It's a couple of houses down from where he used to live and we were next door to him.

When he couldn't look after the dozen or so budgerigars any longer through age, the aviary was shipped to our then house on Fernhill Drive and I looked after them for a few years. I was still at primary school.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Today we have registered with a private dentist, nhs dentistry in wales is falling apart and a call to ours revealed they had no dentist and only a receptionist.
    She said she went on holiday for 2 weeks and returned to find the practice empty, she is still paid to sit there and answer the phone and not make appointments! Even the private dentist there has scarpered.
    So appointments made with another private practice - the first appointment we could have is early June. At least we feel safer if something does break or go bad.
    Yes, commiserations. Around here you can get NHS dentistry, but not an appointment with a NHS doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, commiserations. Around here you can get NHS dentistry, but not an appointment with a NHS doctor
    Our doctors surgery are brilliant, always get an appointment usually on the day or following one and never turn down an emergency - but try to keep away from hospitals as that’s a different matter!
    Postcode lottery all of it, bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Our doctors surgery are brilliant, always get an appointment usually on the day or following one and never turn down an emergency - but try to keep away from hospitals as that’s a different matter!
    Postcode lottery all of it, bonkers.
    We do seem to be nose-diving towards 'third-world' levels of service, and sadly not just in the NHS
    Am Yisrael Chai

I once had a mad one at the dentist.They had to pull a wisdom tooth out and it took forever. It took 3 hours of tugging until I finally got relief. Dentist said it was the longest root he had ever seen. Was about an inch long and corkscrewed. They sent it off to America for analysis and I got a Guinness Book of Records certificate and everything. Last time I go to the dentist!